Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Jr 12 x

Old 10-22-2007, 11:12 PM
AussiePilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jr 12 x

Hey guys just wondering if the rumor i heard is true,
the Jr 12 x will be out in aus very soon.??
i currently have the 9x and was wondering what the main differences are
cheers..
Old 10-23-2007, 02:36 AM
alan0899

Default RE: Jr 12 x

G'day Mate,
The DSX9 2.4 will be out very soon, in the next couple of weeks, I'm waiting for that one, but I have not seen anything on the Modelflight website about the JR 12X.
You can flick an Email to Mike O'Reilly, he has answered all my questions, so far.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:43 AM
Mac_Man_UK

The 12X is coming out in 2 variants. The normal standard frequencies (35/36/40/72 etc) and also in 2.4 GHz.

The 2.4 GHz version will be the main system for the US market. The normal and 2.4 variant will be for the rest of the world. However.... conflicting statements have appeared regarding the "normal" version availability in the USA, Danny can only say that the 2.4 GHz is the one that he knows about. The chances are that the normal version will be available in the US at some stage.

If you need any info on the standard 12X, you can look at the JR Propo website where the info is in Japanese, or at the MacGregor website where the info is in English. This info is what was sent to me by JR Propo for dissemination.

JR Propo... http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/radio/produ...elicopter.html

MacGregor . http://www.macgregor.co.uk/radio/12X.htm
Old 10-23-2007, 05:34 AM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
We are in Australia, that's why I mentioned Modelflight, they are our importers of JR.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Hi alan,

Yep, realise that....

Usually the version that we get here in the UK is the same as the one that Mike O'Reilly gets as well. So it usually follows that the release date will be roughly the same. Obviously due to the different Testing Requirements (CE Testing & Type approval etc etc that we have to have done this side before it can go on sale) there will be minor variations in the availability date.

JR will manufacture in batches depending on where it is ending up. Firstly their home market, then the USA (being their largest customer base) and then the rest of the world...

The 12X that Horizon will be getting in first will probably be the 2.4 GHz version which will have some differences to the "normal version". Then possibly a 72 MHz version for the USA etc.. but with the usual inhibited functions (such as User Stick Mode change)

So basically the version that will hit the Australian market will be the same as the UK market and hence me posting the link containing the spec of the normal 12X.

Hope that explains my posting.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:57 PM
aviti
My Feedback: (54)

Danny - The rep from my LHS just got back from the ihobby show and said he saw a 12X that would be either 72 or 2.4. He said when it was a 2.4 it had the antenna coming out of the back of the module (looking like the Futaba 2.4 modules) and when it is a 72 the antenna mounts on top like the current 10X. I saw photos from the ihobby show and it appeared to be a dedicated 2.4 system with the antenna mounted on top. Which is it? I'm looking for dedicated 2.4 on the 12X myself. I don't want the antenna coming from the back of the Tx.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Mac_Man_UK

My understanding (hopefully this will be verified by Danny) is that the 2.4 GHz version will be exactly like the X9303 with the antenna mount on the top (ie as shown in the various photographs floating around), a 72 MHz (if brought in by Horizon) will be like the current systems. But the module for the 12X is not compatible with any other JR system.

Does that make sense ??
Old 10-23-2007, 03:11 PM
onewasp

Believe that was covered by 'N' combinations' 'R' at a time.

I did so love math[&o].

Old 10-23-2007, 03:31 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

I saw both types at i-hobbies show. And Mac Man is right the module for the 12dx will only work in that radio. I still don't have a firm price yet. I do know that the radio will not have servos and a shipping date is still unclear. If you do want one have your LHS place a B/O as soon has he has a price. The first shipment will be sold out before they get to the warehouse. I already have 4 waiting. Dennis
Old 10-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Eeeeeeek !! Been a while since I had to do permutations & combinations !!

But.. the standard 12X is a sexy beast and well worth waiting for (in my opinion !! )

Unless I misinterpreted the info from JR Propo, it is a fully synthesised syem but modular. i.e. the module tells the CPU what band to use and what channels to offer (depending on the module), a look ahead scanner so you can see if there is any activity on a channel... etc etc.

I have yet to see the spec on the 12X 2.4 but obviously the module/synthesised option and scanner will disappear.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:02 PM
AussiePilot

im in sydney australia, alan,
though i alwayys got to have the best, i still got the 9x and well i can work this 1 out inside out and i believe once u can do that time to upgrade....; i have seem the futaba top of the line one and it looks really good though i must stay with jr...coz thats what i statrted with...im a loyal costumer;0)
Old 10-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Eric.Henderson

Although the software has not yet been finalised I had a lot of fun playing with all of the 12X's at the Rhcta show in Chicago. Two were on mode-one so they were in serious danger of getting snagged before Peter Goldsmith or QuiQue get their hands on them. But Chicago secuirty were pretty good at their job :-(

My X9303 and the 12X are similar but the software was more akin to what I am used to in my 10X's.

I did like watching all of the 12 servos moving in the servo test mode. (I think that they were 8711's in the demo rig). They all moved at the same time which was very pleasing to see after many years of the slight delays and big delays with aux 4 and 5 of the 10's. BTW the FM aspect of 2.4 already fixed most of this in the conversion modules. The X9303 does not have the servo cycle mode. The 12 would move all of the arms at once or do them all slowly or 1 at at time in numerical succession.

I did like the back-lit screen option - just like your cell phones. The decicated 2.4 looked like an X9303 with extra knobs etc. The module version was tidy with or without 2.4 antenna module inserted.

I can survive with my 10X2.4's and the 9303 etc until the 12 comes out. I will need 12 channels soon however if my love affair with twins keeps progressing the way it has.

:-) regards,

Eric.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:24 PM
onewasp

I appreciate the input Eric---------what I found when I switched from the 10X to the DX7 last year was the only thing I really missed was the servo test feature.
Courtesy of Dick Hanson I tried a MatchMaker and that cured that! Really it is even more convenient (better?) as you don't need your Rx and plane pack, simply a free pack (like last years).

Seriously Eric, if you need 12 channels-----or are truly going to soon ---- you have my sympathy because that ain't Pattern flying.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:56 PM
AussiePilot

so guys just regarding this again just wondering if anyone has heard when they might be hitting the shelfs in australia