Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Binding DX7

Old 11-26-2007, 02:41 PM
EZer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Binding DX7

After a plane is all together and ready to fly, do you bind low rates and then bind high rates before flying. Or binding low rates is all I need to do.

Rod
Old 11-26-2007, 05:28 PM
healthyfatboy

Default RE: Binding DX7

The rates are something you set in the radio to whatever you want. It doesn't matter when you bind whether you have low or high rates set.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:19 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you bind you match the receiver to the transmitter as well as set failsafe positions. All sticks and switches should be at the desired fail safe positions through the entire bind process. Other functions like rates do not matter, only that you properly set the failsafe positions.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:34 PM
EZer

I'm a little messed up now when you say the fail safe positions. I thought the fail safe was when the servors are at center.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:18 AM
dsnyder

Failsafe is what happens when there is loss of signal, the receiver will drive the servos to the fail safe postions on power up without being linked to the TX, also the throttle goes to failsafe in event of loss of signal in flight.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:47 PM
EZer

Hi Danny,
The yak I've been flying this year has went into the fail safe mode at leased 10 times this summer. Only for a second or two and then I get it back. I`ll land it,check the batt.,rebind it and fly it for a couple more weeks before it happens again. I`m using a 58cc Evo., the receiver batt.is 6 volt 4200., HiTech 645 servos. Icheck everything over again and cant find any reason why it does this.
Any ideas.
Rod
Old 11-29-2007, 09:26 AM
dsnyder

There could be any number of possibilities, including a current spike lowering the voltage causing a dip in performance, location of the receivers not optimized for the model, or perhaps noticing some other factor such as stalling the aircraft and think it is going to fail safe etc. What exactly is happening when it goes into failsafe mode? If the problems continue feel free to send the system in for a check up.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:03 PM
EZer

Most all the times it happens is the plane will be flying straight and level at quarter thro. The motor goes into idol and the plane starts to fall. The receivers are about a 1.6 ft back from the engine.
What do you mean a current spike.

Rod
Old 11-30-2007, 09:16 AM
dsnyder

A current spike is a sudden rise in current draw (amp draw) that occurs under a load of the servo/s, which could cause a momentary drop in voltage of the battery pack.

There could also be a connection issue etc. Contact our product support department for further assistance at 877-504-0233.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:26 PM
EZer

Thanks Danny.