Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX7 and carbon

Old 11-28-2007, 11:46 PM
ecoliburger
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 and carbon

Just got an all carbon pylon plane, will the Dx7 have any problems working? Do I need to route the ant on the exterior of the fuse? I thought I had read some glider guys were having problems?
Thanks
Old 11-29-2007, 09:34 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DX7 and carbon

The DX7 has been used successfully in many carbon aircraft and helis without problems. If you need to route the antennas outside really depends on the model, there are too many factors for me to be able to say including but not limited to the carbon fiber used and type of aircraft etc. I have heard of some heli fliers installing the remote receiver in between the carbon fiber side frames right in front of the engine which should be the worst possible location, and get very good numbers on the flight log using a receiver compatible with the flight log. The system is working quite well in sailplanes. But to make a long story short, you need to range test with the model to determine if the system is operating properly before flight and relocate things if necessary to get proper performance.