Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Servo Question

Old 12-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Harleyflyer
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Question

Hi Danny,

I am getting ready to program my Hitec 5955 servos with the Hitec programmer. I have bound my R921 receiver to my X9303 transmitter and all the lights on the main receiver and the two satellite receivers come on. I have plugged a battery in to one of the battery receiver ports and a servo into the aileron channel. My problem is that my transmitter is not activating or moving the servo and I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I have created my model in the model memory in the Acro mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Keith
Old 12-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Harleyflyer

Default RE: Servo Question

Well, I tried rebinding after I set up my model. I have the servo plugged into the aileron port and have tried connecting the battery through a JR switch and directly into one of the battery ports. I have also tried plugging in a different (new) Hitec 5955 servo just for kicks but so far I have had no luck getting either servo to move. I hope it is something that I am just not doing or doing correctly.....problem is I have no idea what to try now. []
Old 12-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The 921 only has one battery port, this is the same port as the Bind Port. Is it possible you are trying to bind or power up through the Data port?

It is true that the RX can get power from any open Servo slot. However Binding can only be done in the BIND port.

The next thing is make sure you servo is plugged in with the proper polarity on the plug. The top of the RX case with the name plate on it shows the proper orientation of the Plugs.

In the case of the 921 The negative wire "brown", or "black" will point toward the name plate on the RX. The signal wire (orange or white) will point down toward the Battery/Bind port and the data port. If the RX battery or the servo is not plugged in with the proper polarity it will not work.

As for the JR switch being used to bind with. It could be that you have a switch that is not a 3 wire switch. The Spektrum requires a 3 wire switch because to bind the negative and the signal wires are jumped together. There are many switches out there that have just 2 wires for the battery leads or some that have 3 wires, but the 3rd wire is not connected through the switch for things like a DSC cable and such. The Binding process requires the orange and the brown on the bind-batt port be connected with the jumper(bind plug). If your switch is not allowing this to happen then you can plug your battery switch into channel 9 and the bind plug directly into the RX...Since the power buss is common on all the channels you can power the RX from any of the channels or even multiple channels if you had more than one battery and switch...HOWEVER to bind the RX you always have to do that through the one port on the RX.

I don't know the status on using the data port for powering the RX. I would not recommend it as the Data logger is a very valuable tool. I use it on all my models.

Danny can answer the question for sure but I would say the data port should be used for the flight log device. If you choose to not use it you are giving up a very powerful tool in troubleshooting any radio issues. This device allows you to see the weak signal count on the given antenna and also if the RX has had any frame loss or holds. You can move your RX or satellite RX's to get better location and better signal.

It can also give you important voltage....This device can be used to look at you voltage while you are putting the servos under load and see how your power system reacts. The voltage on that data logger will be the same voltage the servo leads see at the RX as well.

I hope this helps you. Danny is off on the weekends and should be back on on monday. I hope this gets you going before then and you can enjoy your radio. Its a very cool system I have almost everything on my X9303 2.4 now. Onlya couple models still on my 10X but they are on Spektrum with a module.

Troy Newman
Team JR
Old 12-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Wrong forum, sorry Danny...
Old 12-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Harleyflyer

Danny,

Problem solved...helps if you plug the servos in correctly.

Thanks,
Keith