Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Wich reciever?

Old 02-16-2008, 03:47 AM
1fireball
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wich reciever?

Danny, I have a couple of questions. I bought a 10x radio converted to 2.4 it had a 9000 reciever and 2 antennas. I put it in a Hanger 9 Ultimate and almost lost the airplane it locked out 3 times in one flight. It range checked fine with engine running. I heard there was some problems with the older 9000 recievers when used in a 10x is this true? Now my next question is I have 2 50% planes flying now and building the third. I am wanting to fly them at the Nall in the 2.4 area. I did not have much luck with my first try of 2.4 and I am very reluctant to change over my 50% ers to 2.4. My first 50% is a Hemple 260. I set this plane up with 1 reciever and a older powerbox sc12 I believe. I run matchboxes and 2 power leads to everything the rudder has 2 matchboxes and the elevators each have 2 matchboxes the wings have a matchbox also. I use a R2000
reciver in this plane and have never had a problem.The 260 has 10 8611s and 4 8711s. My other is a 50% hemple 540 it has a powerbox with servo matching and a redundent reciever RRS. I do not remember if I have 955s or 945s in that one.This one runs 10 8711s and a seiko on rudder. It does have 2 recievers. My third plane I am now building will be 14 8711s and I have purchased a powerbox royal for it.
What is your recommended recievers and setup for each of these airplanes if converted to 2.4?
If you have any questions just post and I will get back to you. I have till May to make this change.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:21 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wich reciever?

There are no problems with the AR9000's. Did you verify if you had an issue with the flight log, or is it possible you had a power problem in the aircraft? The AR9000, AR91000, R921, or new upcoming R922 would work fine in any of the aircraft you mentioned.