Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Service menu for 10SX

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 06:03 AM
Rod Jacobs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service menu for 10SX

I have a 10SX on which the stick pots have worn and shifted their neutral. They have worn to the point where if I switch to 50% rates on either aileron or elevator the neutral jumps the equivalent of three clicks of trim. I can verify this via the calibrate screen on my simulator, as well as the unwanted need to retrim my models whenever I change rates. I can also verify by going to the travel adjust menu and observing how far I have to move the stick from centre to get it to swap between adjusting the positive or negative travel.

As an avionics technician I have a fair grasp of this sort of technology. I strongly suspect that there should be some kind of "Service Mode" which would alow me to adjust the digital value of the stick neutrals (after the analogue signal from the stick pot has been through the ADC)
How do I enter the Service Mode for this set?

TIA
Rod J.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Default RE: Service menu for 10SX

You would need to replace the sticks otherwise you will have the same problem.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Rod Jacobs

I agree that now the pots are worn the neutral will keep shifting. This is just a stopgap measure until I can afford to replace the Tx, but
for me to replace the pots I would still have to carry out this calibration. so my question stands. How do I enter the service menu for my set.

Fortunately, I have just recieved a PM on the subject. I will post here if sucessful.

Regards,
Rod.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:18 AM
Rod Jacobs

Power up, select 84, select model 4 and enter. Select 27 and with the Elevator stick all the way down press enter, this should now show FACTORY or CODE86. Select Factory, the screen will go black (pixel test), press enter (upper right), then it goes to keypad test, press 1 - 0 then D - I, this leads into the next screen which is the switch test, press enter takes you into voltage reference setting, press enter and centre sticks, lowest throttle trim and press Store stick, store trim press enter, move stick 1 up and down then press enter, move stick 2 left & right ... enter... stick 3 up/down... enter, stick 4 left & right, enter...this shows the values of the side levers, top pots and front pots (Hov p & hov t), press enter and press enter again to leave the menu.

This works on Heli or Aero systems mode 1 or 2.

Be warned! Entering this menu could SERIOUSLY mess with your Tx. It may even be possible to mis-calibrate the elevator channel so badly as to prevent you re-entering the menu to fix the problem. (My speculation, but would you risk it?)