Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

radio fuse

Old 06-05-2003, 08:24 AM
tobytorkn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio fuse

dear danny, i got a dumb question for the jr guru! lol. i have been switching most of my equipment over to the jr line from futaba. at present i have a jr 8103 and a jr 10x. my problem is this when i charge and turn my 8103 on it sometimes burns out the fuse that is behind the receiver module. now i know this fuse is so that the radio doesn't get to much juice cause of a short or overcharge. and i don't really mind it burning out on occassion, but what if this fuse burns out midflight? does the radio stay on till you turn it off or does it just go silent? seems like asking a lot risking my imac planes on the wire about the size of the diameter of a hair,lol. larger fuse? jump the two connectors? thanks for the info! toby....
Old 06-09-2003, 01:10 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default radio fuse

It doesn't really prevent damage in the event of a short, but does for an over current situation. The fuse will go out during charging, and when initially turning on the system if there is something wrong. For the fuse to go out while flying, is not likely, and if it did, you are going to have problems regardless. The radio will go silent in that event. I would not recommend a larger fuse or jumping the connectors. If you are having problems blowing the fuse, I would recommend searching for the problem. The problem may be a worn insulator ring on the charger plug, too high of current used while charging, or perhaps a problem internally in the 8103. Check the insulator ring on the charger plug for wear, be sure that the charge rate is under 1 amp, and if you still have problems, you can send your system in for a check up.
Old 07-05-2003, 03:16 AM
crossed thumbs-delete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio fuse

Had the same problem turned out to be the charging jack lead from the charger. Replaced the end and the problem has gone away.