Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

X9303 fuse Keeps Blowing

Old 04-13-2009, 02:37 PM
musalami
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X9303 fuse Keeps Blowing

Hi,
I have a JR X9303 2.4Ghz radio; it is working greatly, but the fuse keep blowing from time to time, 4 times in a month. What could be the reason, and is it OK putting a 4A fuse instead of 3A?

Thanks
Old 04-13-2009, 03:02 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: X9303 fuse Keeps Blowing

One thing that can cause the Fuse to blow is the way the charger is plugged into the Charging Port on the Tx.

Turn on the Tx before you plug in the Charger to the Tx. The Charging Jack, on the Tx, is disconnected from the Radio and Battery when the Tx is On. Once the Charger is plugged into the Tx, Turn Off the Tx and the battery will start to Charge.

It has to do with how the Charge Connector is inserted in the Tx Charging Jack. It can cause a Short, under the right circumstances, and Blow a Fuse.

Of course, there may be other causes, as well, but this is one that I have been warned about,
Old 04-13-2009, 04:41 PM
V2PLUS10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: X9303 fuse Keeps Blowing

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

One thing that can cause the Fuse to blow is the way the charger is plugged into the Charging Port on the Tx.

Turn on the Tx before you plug in the Charger to the Tx. The Charging Jack, on the Tx, is disconnected from the Radio and Battery when the Tx is On. Once the Charger is plugged into the Tx, Turn Off the Tx and the battery will start to Charge.

It has to do with how the Charge Connector is inserted in the Tx Charging Jack. It can cause a Short, under the right circumstances, and Blow a Fuse.

Of course, there may be other causes, as well, but this is one that I have been warned about,

Yes, I manage to blow a fuse every two or three months, and it is definately associated with the charge jack. You have to push the plug in straight and pull it out straight, a little sideways and there goes the fuse. Same thing with the JR8103. I have not tried using the switch to isolate the charge jack...great idea though...