Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum Warranty Service Stinks

Old 07-13-2009, 06:58 PM
D4379

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum Warranty Service Stinks

Wasp reminds me of some of the nasty old fellows at the field. You know the ones walking around with the sound meter accusing your plane of being to loud only to find out it is not and then insisting it does not matter it is still to loud. Or they sit all day in front of their plane blowing hard about what an expert they are but never fly it.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:19 PM
JetCatJimmy

Well, please let us know when your brain catches up with your mouth. It has definitely grown out of proportion with the rest of your body.

Now we return to your program already in progress...
Old 07-13-2009, 08:57 PM
klaze

It irritates the hell out of me how Local Hobby Shops have ABSOLUTELY ZERO product support.

It's funny because.. They have ZERO product support and they have higher prices than everyone else..

But they cry when they know you buy stuff online..

Well you give me NO REASON to spend my money with you..
Old 07-13-2009, 09:42 PM
rack
My Feedback: (11)

jr is owned by jr, with an exclusive contract with horizon,
jr manufactures spectrum for horizon .they use most of the same parts.
horizon tried to make the same type deal with futaba but settled on jr
Old 07-13-2009, 09:52 PM
JetCatJimmy

Thank you, rack, for the info. I knew it was out there somewhere. And, klaze, I agree with you. I have about 5 or more hobby stores near me (for that I'm lucky) but only a select few earned my repeat business with their customer support. It's truly an art and deeply appreciated when performed well. I certainly don't mind spending a little more to support local business, but I do agree with you. If they don't foster that relationship then they leave you little alternative. And, in the end, you are financially better for it! Some LHS will learn that lesson the hard way.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:12 AM
cavandish

ORIGINAL: roknhs

I called Horizon to get an update on my Tx.........the tech said I should get it back on July 9th.............that will be 38 days since I sent it off.

I asked them if they were aware that these outrageous turn-around times would hurt future business............the answer was ''affirmative''..........they know they are not living up to expectations and are committed to fixing it............That's the good news............
The bad news is it probably won't get fixed this year. So, if you need a repair this flying season.........be prepared for a 4-5 week turn-around. Its not the tech's fault......somebody up the ladder gets to take credit for this little fiasco............

I still love my Tx........but, this wait has been brutal.

you need to put you self into their shoes-if I was on the end of the phone, and you said that to me, you job would go to the back of the que, they have the upper hand, and you have to recognise this, even if it does mean asking niceley when you are totally pissed off.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:59 AM
bayareajeff

totally 100% good from HH all the time. I know some of the guys and they always go over board for people. ALWAYS.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:58 AM
D4379

?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:00 AM
D4379

In the Hobby Shops defense I think their hands are tied in this matter by the manufacturers.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:17 AM
brc358
My Feedback: (30)

This is very odd.
I have had excellent service from Horizon on receivers, helicopter exchanges<they sent a new one even though I created the problem>, batteries, just a lot of different items.
I guess sh happens, and when it happens to you, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth for other purchases.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:35 AM
JetCatJimmy

Ain't it the truth. And when you feel like you are powerless because they're the only ones that can service the item in question it can really sting.

D - I've never had to do this, but there are no hobby shops that can get an RMA for your Rx? Rational thought would suggest that they would have a long-standing relationship with the mfr and should be able to do this. Not that they will! But that they could.

I could be totally wrong here, because I'm sure that was the first thing you tried.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:53 AM
rack

iv been dealing with horizon for over a decade, service as always been outstanding. it one of the main reasons i use jr equipment.

i can see why some of you have problems. the way you chat on this thread is a good indication why you have trouble with service.
immature, unrealistic expectations, and a lack of common sense seems to be the common thread
Old 07-14-2009, 12:14 PM
D4379

Let's see I buy a brand new product and it is defective. I am told to bad four weeks minimum to even look at it. And I am being childish and unrealistic? If you bought a new car and it was defective would you stand there and listen to a dealer tell you a minimum of four weeks to even look at it? Oh and no car to use? Of course with some folks attitude that would be okay if you had a Yarus but if you had a 500SEL you would deserve quicker service.

It is obvious that I am not the only one with these issues.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:18 PM
JetCatJimmy

Ouch!!! Well, I know that when I have a service issue - no matter how pi$$ed I am about it - I start the ***** kissin'. You get more flies with honey than with vinegar is something my mom used to say and it's definitely true in the service industry!

I can't say that I'm going to judge how you handle customer service by the way you post here, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think the same thing...
Old 07-14-2009, 12:20 PM
JetCatJimmy

Everyone knows you can't buy a 'new' 500SEL these days. You got TAKEN!!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:45 PM
D4379

It started with a call to the hobby shop. They said sorry not our problem call Horizon. Horizon said it was defective send it in and here is the address. I said what about shipping? They said I should pay it, I said no. Horizon emailed a shipping label. Gave it two weeks and called. Was notified of the 20 day minimum and there was nothing they would do about that. I said it was brand new and that does not seem fair. They said well tough that is the way it is. At the end of four weeks I called again still no joy. Five weeks into it I get an email stating they are shipping a new receiver and that was about it.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:48 PM
D4379

Just a generic reference. If someone gave me a Mercedes I would sell it. No way I would own one of those money holes.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:56 PM
JetCatJimmy

So, the hobby shop wouldn't even take a return? I haven't tried to return the electronics to my LHS, but you'd think if you JUST opened it and plugged it in... Well, in my opinion I think the LHS should've taken care of you. Sorry to hear you had to deal with that crap.

Also, money hole is right. LOL!!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:45 PM
D4379

This is similar to what many places do with electronics. The hobby shop told me their hands are tied and that Horizon would not help them out. If they took the defective unit it would be on their dime as Horizon only honors the warranty to the end purchaser.

Never understood the fascination some folks have with Mercedes. They are expensive and in order to get long life cost an arm and a leg to maintain. You could get a good Crown Vic with a police package, just change oil and tires and they would last 300,000 miles at a fraction of the cost. Ride as well and get better gas milage too! But they don't have that status image that you get with a Mercedes. You know the one that says you spent $70,000 for car that does what the $24,000 one does at three times the cost and for half as long.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:50 PM
JetCatJimmy

I bought an LS400 for a fraction of that and got its mileage up to 250k. It purred like a kitten. Talk about nice. But yeah, I hear ya. Got an X5 now, but it's all warranty and no cash outa my pocket. I guess that's how I can afford the toys. ha ha

Your point makes good sense, though. I hope you can hang in there.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:23 PM
rack

ORIGINAL: D4379

It started with a call to the hobby shop. They said sorry not our problem call Horizon. Horizon said it was defective send it in and here is the address. I said what about shipping? They said I should pay it, I said no. Horizon emailed a shipping label. Gave it two weeks and called. Was notified of the 20 day minimum and there was nothing they would do about that. I said it was brand new and that does not seem fair. They said well tough that is the way it is. At the end of four weeks I called again still no joy. Five weeks into it I get an email stating they are shipping a new receiver and that was about it.
it sounds like they gave you some satisfaction you got free shipping,
maybe if you didnt start off like an a s s you would have gotten better all around service
Old 07-14-2009, 07:51 PM
D4379

Like an ass? I asked them what I should do and they said I should send it back. I asked them about shipping and they wanted me to pay. I asked them why should I and they backed off and sent me a shipping lable. At no time was I acting like an ass. Unfortunately you and others think that asking for decent service is being an ass? I guess you rather go through life as one of the sheeple at the mercy of others whims? It seems to me that the asses are coming out on this forum with unfounded personal attacks and statements based in fantasy not fact.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:54 PM
D4379

Due to work needs I have owned Ford Ranger 4X4 since I bought my first one in 1985. I ordered it and drove it 155,000 miles before selling it. I bought a 1990 new and drove it 386,000 miles before donating it to the American Cancer Society. I bought a 2001 and have it now with 245,000 miles on it and going strong. Except a transmission in the 1990 no major issues, just drive them easy and change the fluids.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:09 PM
bikerhoss
My Feedback: (9)

I purchased one on ebay new, and after dropping it off my desk it didnt work. I sent it in to horizon and took 3 weeks to get back home. this time of year everyone and their brother is sending their stuff in for repair and want next day service, get over it!! Thats why you have at least one back up radio and receiver! By the way I paid for shipping there and they fixed my unit no charge and paid return shipping. heres some answers to some questions
1. thats what a transmitter case is for..... Protection
2. Yes if you press all buttons at the same time something bad may happen
3. electronic equipment and rain do not mix, or dew, or snow or the lake
4. when you crash its not always an electronics glitch
5. tossing your transmitter in the trunk for a week could have something to do with it
6. if you dont have patience and a cool head dont come whining to me when you cant figure it out
7. common sense can fix 99% of problems a .45 will take care of the rest
Old 07-15-2009, 06:12 AM
D4379

You had good luck a lot of others including myself have not. This unit that I bought was new, in fact they had it in their hands seven days after purchase. I believe that warranty issues should take precedence over repairs. I do believe that Horizon is aware of the issue and right now cannot do anything at this time. But it does appear they may be working on it. I think this is a quality issue that they can address at the point of manufacturer and avoid a lot of these issues.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.