Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Sectrum glithing on engine start up!

Old 07-04-2009, 10:52 PM
maddog 71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sectrum glithing on engine start up!

Have a spectrum DX-7 in a new bird its powered by a Saito FG-36 four stroke with electronic ignition. Problem is when u start the engine everything starts glitching for about 30 seconds then it stops! And everything is fine after that this is the first gasser Ive had with the spectrum I have it in other planes with no problems ! Is this normal for the spectrum and gas electronic ignitions systems.To me it acts like it trying to sort out the interferance with the gas motor and when it does it locks its signal in ! Any ideas out there or sombody having the same issues!
Old 07-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Sectrum glithing on engine start up!

Not normal....

Most interference problems associated with gasser engines and the 2.4GHz radio systems are loose spark related i.e. the wrong sparkplug, cut shielding, loose cap etc. I suggest you do some further investigation before flying.