Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Dead Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 10:55 PM
gluemaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead Receiver

I purchased a JR R790 UL receiver back in January to install in my older H9 Cub 40 with a Saito 56. I have flown the plane twice with this receiver and have experienced no issues thus far. The transmitter I'm using is a 7202 that was purchased last summer. I have 9 models stored in the radio so far and up until today have had no issues with any of my models. Today however I took my older Cub out to run out the remaining fuel left in my gallon jug and when I turned on the transmitter then the receiver the only thing that happened was the elevator and rudder servos moved a small amount and none of the controls would respond to stick movements. I thought maybe the battery was low but wasn't. I tried to select a different channel but to no avail. I can hold the scan button down and wait for it to blink or go out but nothing happens. Does this sound like a faulty receiver? All of the rest of my planes work normal. I have one other 790 UL and 790 standard scan select as well as Berg and Hitec and other JR receivers and have no issues. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:51 PM
slarty

Default RE: Dead Receiver

Confirm that you have the correct modulation set.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:39 PM
gluemaster

That was one of the first things I did.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:16 PM
gluemaster

Well I tried it last night and the crazy thing works again as if nothing happened. I think maybe it was going into fail safe as the rudder went to full right and the elevator to full up but I'm not sure as this is my first pcm receiver so I'm still learning. I guess I'll mount it and hook it back up and do a range test to see if it works. If not I'll send it in.