Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum dx7 lost bind today

Old 10-11-2009, 10:04 PM
TravelairR
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum dx7 lost bind today

Status: offline On the re-binding issue. I started out using 4.8V receiver pack's with the X9303. After some time, using an R7000 with this tx, I had an issue of losing bind in flight, but about 2 second's. I got it back, but not in time, as I have very little elevator throw, and too many things were happening at one time, for me to think about hitting the dual rate switch. Horizon replaced the receiver at no charge, never did find out what happened. I am sure if I was in straight and level flight, I wouldn't have noticed it.

From that experience, I changed all rx pack's over to 6V, never a problem again. Every time I do some work inside, unplugging servo's, etc., I always re-bind, same with the 921 rx.

Crank

Crank, it sounds more like your receiver went into failsafe, not a binding issue. I don't think they can rebind without the binding plug. I think the six volts though probably prevents your receiver battery from getting low enough to go into failsafe, just my opinion

Harry
Old 10-11-2009, 10:10 PM
stuntman718
My Feedback: (4)

To TexasSkysport,
I was using the spektrum AR700 with spektrum DX 7. New Hydramax 6.0 On a Dave Patrick Ultimate. The plane Went into Slow right bank. The plane went to idle. Tried to left bank, raise rpm, even up elevator . nothing worked. Still slowly in a circle going down. Even a good friend standing next to me yelled up elevator. I showed him the tx. to show him I already had up elevator. Everything was bran new . Servos,rx,engine, switch. Only three Flights on the plane.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:13 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha!

Just had to do that.

Guess I'll go easy on the guy, whattayathink, folks? I think he really doesn't get it, so...

Okay, you WIN, Glazier808...I'm completely outdone. It's hopeless. (Well, at least THAT part is true!)

I surrender.

Jimbo
Old 10-11-2009, 10:17 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

ORIGINAL: stuntman718

To TexasSkysport,
I was using the spektrum AR700 with spektrum DX 7 . New Hydramax 6.0 On a Dave Patrick Ultimate. The plane Went into Slow right bank. The plane went to idle. Tried to left bank, raise rpm, even up elevator . nothing worked. Still slowly in a circle going down. Even a good friend standing next to me yelled up elevator. I showed him the tx. to show him I already had up elevator. Everything was bran new . Servos,rx,engine, switch. Only three Flights on the plane.
Sounds like a Failsafe if it went to idle and locked into one surface position. Lost signal or lost juice for a sec., that's my guess. Did you run this by the guys in the other Spektrum forum? If so, what did they say about it? How were your RX and remote RXs positioned relative to each other? What type of switch, what brand? Several of the hobby stores I go to do not carry certain switch brands now, were advised not to. I don't know much more than that about it.

Hopefully one of the other guys who were monitoring this thread earlier can chime in and give an opinion or ask some questions.

Jimbo
Old 10-11-2009, 10:31 PM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: jhicks112562

My Dx6i does the same thing. I just re-bind them and keep flying. I've never had one lose the bind during flight but if it does, that is just a bonafide excuse to buy a new plane!
Thank you! Finally an answer to that much to hard to find question in that one paragraph lol...

Casey

Old 10-11-2009, 10:37 PM
psb667

Texas if you dont want people to insult you dont insult them. Your lack of respect for others is getting to be legend on this thread alone. As for my typing and syntax, well perhaps i should take this more seriously. Oh wait this hobby is for me to relax. Perhaps you should try it.

I have had several of the 6100 rx delink in flight on me and lost a plane or two. The fuel guys at my field tell me that this is due to a brownout in the reciever. Most of them who run spektrum are using a 6v pack with them and keeping a close eye on the voltage. As I said earlier spektrum has added a programing feature to there new recievers to let you know if you are browning out this is supposed to help people running electric to tune there planes electrically and prevent a crash. However when all this started for me these were not available. So I was advised to go to the new futaba system. I am still a little bitter as I had some attachment to my old trainer and had just built the blue devil and only flew it twice before it delinked and dissapeared.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Aeronut04
My Feedback: (185)

I had a spektrum 7000 just quit receiving. I need to send it back, I had 4-5 flights on it, then it would not connect, nor would it rebind.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:50 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

The issues discussed here could just as easily happen to a DX6i or any of the other 2.4 systems.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:56 PM
psb667

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

The issues discussed here could just as easily happen to a DX6i or any of the other 2.4 systems.
While this is true they dont seem to happen to rx other than spektrum.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:58 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

I'd rather crash a plane than a paragraph, call me...well, whatever you like, for all I care. But since I don't crash either too often, I'll just step up and say what I mean. The thread was started by a guy who had a question that we were working on the answer for, then the anti-Spektrum clowns just had to jump in. I'd imagine I can go out and find where they've been flamed to death with the same stories in a half-dozen other Spektrum threads. Yet suddenly I'm the one supposed to respect them here when they come in with their atrocious spelling, lack of linguistic capabilities, and really THIN stories where everything in their planes was PERFECT and that darn Spektrum just couldn't be stopped from crashing it!

Give me a friggin' BREAK. They're still in one piece. Ask around. I can SHRED rookies with a glance. I'm actually pretty laid-back right now in here.

Spektrum is the best thing that ever happened to our hobby. I'm not going to let somebody with the linguistic capabilities of a kindergärtner tell ME that I don't know what I'm doing. That's the mentality that if I go into this job interview with this nasty-looking Tattoo hanging out they have to hire me anyway. You think folks HAVE to respect you because this is America. Well, here's a newsflash, future guardians of America. Life's just not fair that way. How do you think you are even going to get into the ARMY as a grunt, much less into a decent-paying job in the private sector, when you can't even display the equivalent abilities of a high-school grad? Do you think you'll earn any more respect than that coming in here with commentary that looks like you're texting your posse or your main squeeze?

Sure, you can come in here and make a ruckus. But out there you'll still be substandard material. I'm just telling it to you straight.

And you can trust me, I can ask you the questions a LOT harder than I do, and it's all in-bounds. So far I've been teasing you a bit, letting you know it COULD be a lot harsher. Of course, I could always give you a free sample just to bring that point across. OR...you could EARN my respect by not trying the same old story you used in the other Spektrum threads already. You remember, where I and many others called you on your story the FIRST time.

Jimbo
Old 10-11-2009, 11:01 PM
glazier808

ORIGINAL: TexasSkyPilot

Ha!

Just had to do that.

Guess I'll go easy on the guy, whattayathink, folks? I think he really doesn't get it, so...

Okay, you WIN, Glazier808...I'm completely outdone. It's hopeless. (Well, at least THAT part is true!)

I surrender.

Jimbo

Go easy on the guy? Do you really think "folks" round these here parts are caring? You may have some info to share, maybe even some knowledge, but until you can remove the boot from your intake, no one round here is gonna care. Like psb667 said, its a hobby. We're here for fun, not for indulging others personal downfalls. We share our experiences, and sometimes it helps, but being degrading, insulting and uncivil are best left in the barnyard. Just a suggestion...no one wins when your banging heads. Outdone...I would not even put myself in the same class as you(way to low for my standards), so there is nothing to outdo.... and hopeless, is a flatspin with a Texan lol....

lighten up abit.....

once again....decaffffffffffffff 4 U

and by the way, I have had "issues" with Futaba in the past, like I said earlier, I own both, and both serve me well at the moment....I just had one little question....geez
Old 10-11-2009, 11:12 PM
glazier808

wow,

Boot in intake again....just about the time I started feeling sorry for the little guy.

oh well, I won't let ya ruin my views of Texans, I know hundreds and hundreds and hundreds lol.

you have no idea who, or what I am about. If you did you might just know some respect...others I served with did, as I they.

Dont preach respect when you dont even understand the concept. My father proudly wore tatoo's from his tours of duty in Nam, and when he died protecting the rights of others, I don't think that they made him any less of a man. Your words make you much less a man than any tatoo wearing person out there. Really, where do you get off?

Old 10-11-2009, 11:17 PM
psb667

Texas you have confused arrogance with excellence and education with talent have fun being you. If you can.

I'd rather crash a plane than a paragraph, call me...well, whatever you like, for all I care. But since I don't crash either too often, I'll just step up and say what I mean. The thread was started by a guy who had a question that we were working on the answer for, then the anti-Spektrum clowns just had to jump in. I'd imagine I can go out and find where they've been flamed to death with the same stories in a half-dozen other Spektrum threads. Yet suddenly I'm the one supposed to respect them here when they come in with their atrocious spelling, lack of linguistic capabilities, and really THIN stories where everything in their planes was PERFECT and that darn Spektrum just couldn't be stopped from crashing it!

Give me a friggin' BREAK. They're still in one piece. Ask around. I can SHRED rookies with a glance. I'm actually pretty laid-back right now in here.

Spektrum is the best thing that ever happened to our hobby. I'm not going to let somebody with the linguistic capabilities of a kindergärtner tell ME that I don't know what I'm doing. That's the mentality that if I go into this job interview with this nasty-looking Tattoo hanging out they have to hire me anyway. You think folks HAVE to respect you because this is America. Well, here's a newsflash, future guardians of America. Life's just not fair that way. How do you think you are even going to get into the ARMY as a grunt, much less into a decent-paying job in the private sector, when you can't even display the equivalent abilities of a high-school grad? Do you think you'll earn any more respect than that coming in here with commentary that looks like you're texting your posse or your main squeeze?

Sure, you can come in here and make a ruckus. But out there you'll still be substandard material. I'm just telling it to you straight.

And you can trust me, I can ask you the questions a LOT harder than I do, and it's all in-bounds. So far I've been teasing you a bit, letting you know it COULD be a lot harsher. Of course, I could always give you a free sample just to bring that point across. OR...you could EARN my respect by not trying the same old story you used in the other Spektrum threads already. You remember, where I and many others called you on your story the FIRST time.

Jimbo
Old 10-11-2009, 11:25 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

ORIGINAL: Aeronut04

I had a spektrum 7000 just quit receiving. I need to send it back, I had 4-5 flights on it, then it would not connect, nor would it rebind.
This is what I'm talking about, and here you shall see how it CAN go, fellows.

What batteries? What type of batteries? What brand of batteries? What age were the Batteries? Were they new? Old? Questionable? What was the voltage? Were you using LiPos? What brand of Regulator with that? Where was it mounted in the plane? Was it foam-mounted, velcro-mounted, and what was their position relative to each other? How close to the engine? Did you balance your prop? What type of switch double pole? What brand? What extensions were used?

Are there any new tables at your flying field? Is there a special place for transmitters to sit while you set your plane up? Did you check your bind switch for being pressed while the plane is off?

And a hundred other questions I could rapid-fire. You come in here with NOTHING and try to make something out of it, with no history, no research, nothing.

I know for a fact that there are issues with the Futabas. I think we could probably put a crew together to go Futaba-bashing. And I think we could do a better job. But Futaba has no more issues than Spektrum does, and that's a fact. And likewise, Spektrum has no more issues than Futaba does.

Industrial manufacturing standards allow 3 to 11 percent of product to be faulty (to fail) off the assembly line. 3 TO 11! 11 being Detroit's average. Both Futaba and Spektrum have failure rates in manufacturing of a small fraction of one percent. Essentially, by all manufacturing standards everywhere, they are BOTH able to consider themselves PERFECT.

A couple of you come in here once in a while, most of you did something foolish or dumb-thumbed it or flew one flight too many or used an old, old switch or battery you knew you should not have.

Now and then there is a real one, but hey, somebody has to win the Lotto.

So if you have a question, a REAL question where you'd like the help that's here to be able to get from the guys, then ask it. We could just as easily go out and solicit quotes from Futaba users that have gone to Spektrum (and yes, there are MANY) and try to claim that all Futabas are bad. It's not true, but what the heck. It's as true as what you guys are saying, and we can make it fly just as far. And it would do just as much good....NONE. Who are you helping?

You waste everybody's time with frivolous claims. Sorry if You can't present proof, but you're wasting everyone's time without it.

Jimbo

Old 10-11-2009, 11:27 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

ORIGINAL: psb667

Texas you have confused arrogance with excellence and education with talent have fun being you. If you can.

I think we know who has confused arrogance with excellence. NOT the one who can spell it right the first time...that's your clue.

Jimbo
Old 10-11-2009, 11:32 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

ORIGINAL: glazier808

wow,

Boot in intake again....just about the time I started feeling sorry for the little guy.

oh well, I won't let ya ruin my views of Texans, I know hundreds and hundreds and hundreds lol.

you have no idea who, or what I am about. If you did you might just know some respect...others I served with did, as I they.

Dont preach respect when you dont even understand the concept. My father proudly wore tatoo's from his tours of duty in Nam, and when he died protecting the rights of others, I don't think that they made him any less of a man. Your words make you much less a man than any tatoo wearing person out there. Really, where do you get off?

You're barely worth responding to. What does a Nam Tattoo have to do with what I'm talking about here? I probably would not show you any respect, you seem incapable of earning any.

So I'm done with you, little boy.

Jim
Old 10-11-2009, 11:36 PM
psb667

I also must appologise as this is a good question about these particulars and shouldnt be dragged down for it. As I am not the better man(Ask texas hell tell you all about it) though I will have a good time with ole tex. where ever I find him.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:36 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Apparently you're both not capable of staying on-point in a thread and carrying on a spirited opposing-view session at the same time.

Easy stuff, and they can't even follow the rules. It would stand to reason they probably can't read a Spektrum manual either.

Rookies. ***SIGH*** they'll never learn.

If anybody has any REAL Spektrum questions that I can help with just PM me.

Off to have fun elsewhere.

Jimbo
Old 10-11-2009, 11:38 PM
psb667

Apparently you're both not capable of staying on-point in a thread and carrying on a spirited opposing-view session at the same time.

Easy stuff, and they can't even follow the rules. It would stand to reason they probably can't read a Spektrum manual either.

Rookies. ***SIGH*** they'll never learn.

If anybody has any REAL Spektrum questions that I can help with just PM me.

Off to have fun elsewhere.

Jimbo
type in spektrum on your browser and read up on the newest news on how there is no problem
Old 10-11-2009, 11:39 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

ORIGINAL: psb667

I also must appologise as this is a good question about these particulars and shouldnt be dragged down for it. As I am not the better man(Ask texas hell tell you all about it) though I will have a good time with ole tex. where ever I find him.
Whoa! Surprise desperation post! Almost!

Too little, too late.

But you might have potential. Someday. If you practice REAL hard.

Yeah, you'd better follow along, junior, we've got a LOT to teach you if you're gonna be any good at this....

Jimbo
Old 10-11-2009, 11:41 PM
glazier808

If you only knew Jimbob....

you're not worth the air your waisting beating your chest....

why dont you just go back to kicking your dog....

or did your wife take that too...you certainly dont seem to have much left but obvious issues from your past...so sorry
for your dog and your wife...

you really must be a lonely man....

I asked a simple question, but perhaps it was to simple for you to understand....

Old 10-11-2009, 11:44 PM
psb667

geez dont go to the wife thing you dont want the guy to suicide or something
Old 10-11-2009, 11:56 PM
psb667

texas has reported me to the proper authorities so I guess Ill stop with these rebuttles now thank you for having my back.
ORIGINAL: glazier808

If you only knew Jimbob....

you're not worth the air your waisting beating your chest....

why dont you just go back to kicking your dog....

or did your wife take that too...you certainly dont seem to have much left but obvious issues from your past...so sorry
for your dog and your wife...

you really must be a lonely man....

I asked a simple question, but perhaps it was to simple for you to understand....

Old 10-12-2009, 12:18 AM
psb667

[8D]
Old 10-12-2009, 12:23 AM
glazier808

good men dont stand aside, they step up...

he will never understand that, or have the respect he so badly seeks.

as for the lack of respect for others, I'm sure that his words have shown his true colors....plenty of Vets here on RCU....maybe he feels better now...

anyways he cant kick his dog anymore...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.