Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX7 with MR3000 (Mode1)

Old 10-13-2009, 10:24 PM
10x8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 with MR3000 (Mode1)

Gday all,
Just sharing my setup for Mode 1 users of the Spektrum DX7 radio and the Marine MR3000 receiver. I use this in a fast electric tunnel boat setup.
This post is not a debate about Spektrum or Kellogs 2.4 GHz Corn Flakes. Nor what you think of KB45 motors.

Spektrum DX7 (Mode 1) with MR3000.

For people with the Spektrum DX7 that would like to use the MR3000 receiver.

• Mode 1 DX7 must be in aircraft mode.
• Press ‘scroll down & select’ at the same time with transmitter on.
• Scroll up until you reach Prog Mix 6.
• Press ‘adjust decrease’ once and the programming parameters will appear.
• Move the cursor using the select button.
• To adjust the parameter which the cursor is on, use increase/decrease buttons.

It should look like this:
Prog Mix6
Rudd-> Aile ON
Rate: +100%
+100%
SW: ON
OFFSET: 0

Now, using the scroll button, move through to the Travel Adjust menu. High/Low value is adjusted with the Increase/Decrease button. The throttle stick position will determine whether high or low is selected.

It should look like this:
Travel Adjust
Aile
L 0%
R 0%

Now the rudder (steering) is inactive on the throttle stick and transferred over to the aileron stick. Further adjustments to steering must be done by rudder travel, not aileron.

I thought this was handy. I’m using this setup with the HM electric tunnel. HobbyWing 100amp HV esc, KB45 – 1200kv motor and 6S 6000MaH 20c lipo. I didn’t like the idea of throttle and steering on the same stick[:@]. With the ratchet on the DX7 throttle, it could also be used as a ‘cruise control’ for a ship.

Spektrum confirmed the use of DX7 mode 1 with the marine MR3000 receiver.

Regards
Peter