Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Setting up Flaps JR 9303

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 07:50 PM
dspadler
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up Flaps JR 9303

Ihave the JR 9303 and have been out of flying for a while and Im having trouble setting up my radio to activate my flaps on my new Pawnee. I havent gone 2.4 yet soIm usinga JR 700reciever so Im just using a Y harness off the alerion plug on my reciever for my alerions and was using the AUX2 plug for the Flaps. Iguess Ineed someone to just tell me from scratch reciever to radio what to do so the alerions and the flaps will work correctly. Ive read thru the JR manual but alot of it is Greek to me. Igenerally just use the basic stuff on the radio but now have even forgotten how to set up the flaps to work. Do Iuse the gear switch or the flap switch and etc? Thanks
guys Ireally apprecite this.
Don

Old 10-24-2009, 08:23 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Setting up Flaps JR 9303

dspadler, I have the x9303 and it sounds as if you have the XP9303. They are identical(or nearly so) in programing. Go to page A-11(wing type) for instructions on setting up your ailerons using one channel and a y-harness. Then go to page A-25(flap sys) to program your flaps. This is certainly not presume that you have not done this, but after more than two years using the X9303, I still start at the first page of the manual for my plane setups. I just go page by page. There are so many little things(inhibits, etc.) that must be accomplished that I never just do it from memory. Good Luck
Old 10-24-2009, 08:25 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

I have a JR XP9303. I use a 72Mhz Synthesizer Module for my 72Mhz Rx's and a Spektrum Module for my 2.4 stuff.

By default, the 9303 has Flaps set to operate on the 3 position Switch on the Left Shoulder of the Tx. The Flap Channel on most Tx's is Ch6 or Aux1.

If you are using a separate servo for each Flap, one of them needs to be Reversed. The same is usually true if you have a separate servo for each Elevator Half.

I do not like Y harnesses. I especially do not like a Y harness that has a Reversing circuit on one side as they tend to Drift off of Neutral over time and require mechanical adjustment of the pushrods too often. If I have to combine more than one servo on a single channel, I use a Matchbox. This device can Match up to 4 servos on one channel, allowing you to set the Direction, Neutral, and End Points for each servo.

I like to put the Aileron servos on Ch2 and Ch7 and Mate them.
Ch1 is Throttle and Ch4 is Rudder.
Flap servos could be put on Ch5 and Ch6 and Mate them.
Elevator is on Ch3

The 9393 has a feature called Flight Modes. If you use that, it usually works off the Flap Switch. The Flaps can be reassigned to the Flap Lever, which is a Sliding Lever on the Left Side of the Tx.

So, your choices for mixing two servos is to put them on Separate Channels and Mix, put them on a Matchbox, or use a Y harness.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:01 PM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

[8D]Try this:

Go to DEVICE SELECT...Change Flap from ACT to SYS
Go to the Function Menu...Check the Second Row...FLAP SYS...Now you can setup your Flaps
NORM......100% (Flaps Retracted)
MID.........(Setup for Takeoff)
LAND.......(Setup for Landing) I set 30 Degree Flaps.

Codimasta
AMA 11269
Old 10-26-2009, 08:37 AM
dspadler
My Feedback: (22)

Got it,  thanks so much guys!!!! 
Don
Old 01-23-2011, 09:08 AM
rgspemkt
My Feedback: (1)

I've been flying a HZ Super Cub LP for over a year and just bought a PZ Stinson and a JR XP9303 (barely used) that is configured for helicopters. (The price was right!). I have everything set up on the Stinson to work except the "mid" position for the flaps. The problem is that on my Tx, the Gear switch is where the Flap switch would be on a non-heli 9303 Tx. I'm trying to set up the Aux 2, 3-position switch set as the Flap switch.

The plane has a Spektrum 5-channel Rx and I have the Flap servo plugged into the "Gear" plug on the Rx. I have my Sub-Trims set and also have the "Time" set on the Flaps for slow down and a bit faster for "Up". I've tried unsuccessfully to reset the Aux 2 for Flaps. I downloaded several "simplified" JR Manuals and have been fooling around with this for a month Help, please. <G>
Old 01-23-2011, 09:42 AM
BuschBarber

I have the XP9303 Airplane version but I may be able to help.

You enter the System Menu by holding down the ENT button and turning on the Tx.
Scroll to the Device Select and press the Roller
Scroll to the Flap column and highlite the Sw.
On my Tx, the choices are Aux2 Sw or Flap Sw
Choose the Aux2 Sw and press the Roller
Be sure that the bottom value in the Flap column is set to Sys
Scroll to the Bottom of the Aux2 column and press the Roller until the value changes to Inh
Turn the Tx Off and On, press and hold the Ent button then press the List button
Scroll to the Flap section and set the Deflection values for Norm, Mid, and Land
You can also set the Elevator Coupling since deploying Flaps will cause the aircraft to Pitch Up or Pitch Down
Old 01-23-2011, 10:47 AM
rgspemkt
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks Rich!!!

'Not sure how I did it, but you're "simplification" helped a lot.

I have it all set up with Servo Speed adjusted (2.0 secs down and .5 secs up) and, Up/50%/100% Down
and everything else. Now, if it wasn't  cold, windy and snowing I'd be out flying!!

I'll try setting up the Flap/Elev dual rate/mix after I fly "her" for the first time.

John

HZ Super Cub vids @ youtube.com/rgspemkt
Old 01-23-2011, 11:05 AM
BuschBarber

Thanks!! I am glad that I could help.