Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Flight log

Old 10-26-2009, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flight log

? can i use the flight log on any open Chanel, or do i have to use it only on the bat/data plug-in?
I am using both of the battery in ports.
JR 921 2.4 rx
Thanks
Tom P
Old 10-26-2009, 12:55 PM

Default RE: Flight log

OK, can i put the second battery line into any open port? Then i could put flight log into data/bat port.
JR 921 RX
Thanks
Tom P
Old 10-26-2009, 02:04 PM
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if the 921 is like the other JR receivers, you can plug the battery into any unused port. I've done that with them for ages, also with the Spektrum AR7000, AR6200, AR6100, etc.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:50 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to connect the Bind plug into the Batt/Bind port on the Rx. You can connect a Y harness to the Batt/Bind port, connect the Battery to one side. and the Bind Plug to the other side. I have to do this on all of my aircraft because I use 2cell LiPo Rx batteries with a 5v or 6v Regulator. I use a 3 wire Switch Harness and normally, I can Bind through the Charging Jack, however, you cannot Bind through the Charging Jack if you have a Regulator between the Charge Jack and the Rx. I therefore have to Bind through the other half of the Y harness.

You can plug the Battery into any free Channel Port on the Rx. If you have servos connected to every Channel Port, you can use a Y harness in any one of the Channel Ports, as well.

I have some larger aircraft where I use two Rx Batteries, for Redundancy, so one Switch Harness is plugged into the Y harness on the Batt/Bind poort and one Switch Harness is plugged into the Y harness on a Channel port.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:25 PM

I will put second batt lead into channel port, and flight log intwo data port.
To bind i will use a outside three wire jr switch and battery, i burned up one rx by trying to bind at charge switch with A123 with balance and charge together!!
Works real good for charge and balance, but not to bind! First time for 2.4 and A123.
Thanks
Tom P
Old 10-27-2009, 10:08 AM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well the other option is to do as I've set mine up; I have a separate charge lead made out of a servo extension and the power out wires on the batteries only have the pos/neg leads going to the HD charge/switches, then all three wires go to the two battery ports on my 9 channel rx's. That way I have outside access to both the Batt/Bind and Batt/Data ports.

Some folks are just using Y-harnesses from the Batt/Data ports going to an Ernst jack on the outside of the fuselage if they want to charge through the switch, but as you've evidently already figured out you have to eliminate the signal wire from the switch to the rx if the discharge/charge lead from the battery are one in the same. That's assuming (I know I hate that word....) the signal lead is being used for the balance tap between the two cells for balance charging.