Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

How about another type of DataSafe?

Old 07-03-2003, 11:44 AM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How about another type of DataSafe?

I've got one of the DataSafe's that works fine with my transmitter so far but the reality of it is that the device is only so useful.

What we need is a true DataSafe. A device that is self contained and can store any number of setups within itself. You should be able to take it with you where ever you go, just connect it to the TX and be able to upload/dowload any setup you want.

I thought the 10 setups in my 8103 would be more than enough but it actually isn't. While being able to upload different setups from my home PC is fine, it gets a bit cumbersome to do and is not very helpful if you forget to do it before going to the field.

Of course JR could also increase the number of memory setups within their transmitters. I believe some Multiplex units can store up to 99 model setups.

Not that JR will actually listen but wanted to get this out there anyway. They don't even have a website as far as I can tell.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:58 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JR does listen to feedback, and we make requests for products on a regular basis from JR. I will pass your feedback to the appropriate channels. Thank you for your information!!!
Old 07-03-2003, 06:00 PM
tiggerinmk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like those CAMPAC modules that the 'other' guys use. Now, a removable memory module in conjuction with the current datasafe would be really flexible, but then you're adding complexity that not amny people would use, and it only adds cost.

For my money, I'd like to see a decent upgrade to the Datasafe software to finally bring it out from the dark ages.