Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

parkzone micro cub won't bind

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 12:47 PM
hessian123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parkzone micro cub won't bind

My wife and I won a parkzone micro cub (BNF) at a recent club event.
I haven't been able to make it bind to my radio however. Does anybody know of any tricks or extra steps required to get it to bind?.
I'm using a spektrum module with a futaba radio. The binding procedure is the same as the DX7 though. I've followed the same steps a dozen times now, and the cub LED keeps blinking. I've used the spektrum module with full sized receivers without a problem, so this is a mystery. I tried standing 50 ft away, turning off my wireless router, etc., to no avail. I'm wondering if there's a compatibility issue or perhaps something is defective.
Please reply if you have any ideas, suggestions, or comments. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Planecrazy232
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: parkzone micro cub won't bind

When you changed to a new model, did you make sure you are transmitting in PPM (FM)?

Anthony Greco, Jr.
Team Horizon
Old 08-20-2010, 02:24 PM
hessian123

Yes, 99% sure that it's on PPM. I'll double check tonight. Do you know if there is a general compatibility issue with the modules and the micro BNF planes?
Old 08-21-2010, 12:09 AM
hessian123

I checked my PPM signal going to the module and verified everything still works with a different plane. It's looking more and more like a defective cub or a module/plane compatibility issue. Any comments from HH would be appreciated.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:34 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: hessian123

Any comments from HH would be appreciated.
While still labeled as a manufacturer support forum, no one from Horizon has monitored this thread for about two years since Danny Snyder's increasing responsibilities at Horizon forced him to drop this activity. The forum was closed for some time but re-opened, I think, as there was/is quite a bit of useful information here as well as responses from some pretty savvy users.

If you want to talk with Horizon, you'll need to call or e-mail 'em....
Old 08-21-2010, 09:24 AM
hessian123

Based on Anthony's response above, perhaps they still take a peek here occasionally. I'll try to contact HH directly.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:39 AM
hessian123

Just got off the phone with HH. This HH phone support experience was MUCH better than my last one. They agreed that if the radio/module combination worked with my other full-range Spektrum systems, then it should work with the micro cub RX as well. They're shipping me a new micro cub RX board to try. Excellent service, good job HH!
Old 10-05-2010, 01:18 AM
hessian123

ORIGINAL: hessian123

Just got off the phone with HH. This HH phone support experience was MUCH better than my last one. They agreed that if the radio/module combination worked with my other full-range Spektrum systems, then it should work with the micro cub RX as well. They're shipping me a new micro cub RX board to try. Excellent service, good job HH!
Sadly, I've been disappointed by HH again. Over a month later and still no replacement RX. I called HH to find out what the holdup was and they said the RX I need is back ordered. Why didn't they feel the need to let me know that rather than let me wait for almost six weeks then have to call them to find out? So I'm stuck with something that is defective from the factory and they are doing nothing to make it right. HH has some nice products, but I'm extremely unimpressed with the "customer (dis)service".