RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   JR Radio & Spektrum Radios (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/)
-   -   Can JR advise re US sales of XG11? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/10771322-can-jr-advise-re-us-sales-xg11.html)

phakur 10-18-2011 08:57 AM

Can JR advise re US sales of XG11?

When will the JR XG11 be marketed in the US?
Larry

slarty 10-18-2011 10:15 AM

RE: Can JR advise re US sales of XG11?

Probably never as it is a JR product in direct competition to Horizon's Spektrum brand.

The 2 systems are completely different and you would not be able to use any DSM2/DSMX receiver with the XG series.

phakur 10-18-2011 10:21 AM

Well-
It seems funny to me that the rest of the world can benefit from new technology but albeit arguably the largest base of RC hobbiests are in the US and are looking for much of what this radio has to offer.

I realize that this is a combo JR/Spektrum/HH forum, but I am in the market for a new radio (or will be shortly) and everything the XG11 has is what I want.

I don't want to step on toes, but would like an honest answer from JR.

Larry

tadawson 10-18-2011 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: slarty

The 2 systems are completely different and you would not be able to use any DSM2/DSMX receiver with the XG series.
OK, so you have restated the obvious advantage to the XG-11, but . . . . . . .

:D :D :D :D

- Tim

fizzwater2 10-18-2011 11:52 AM

You'd be better off calling horizon, asking them. There hasn't been a JR/Horizon rep on this forum for some time.

slarty 10-19-2011 11:37 AM

Danny used to frequent this place on a regular basis and gave some extremely good advice. He then moved onto other things within Horizon and since then we do not seem to have a dedicated rep from Horizon to answer either true JR queries or Spektrum queries.

Andy Kunz of Spektrum does pop in now and again and answers selected questions but only on Spektrum.

(Edited as I missed a word out ! )

AndyKunz 10-24-2011 08:55 AM

Usually once a day, but last week was at iHobby and some training. You're right, unless it's a technical Spektrum-related issue you probably won't see me replying.

Andy

Four Stroker 10-26-2011 10:30 AM

That was an extremely polite way to answer the question. You guys should complain with your money.

slarty 10-26-2011 11:57 AM

Come in be fair to Andy, he is extremely knowledgeable in the Spektrum camp. If he doesn't liaise with the procurement side of HH them he won't know what is due in from JR (if at all !)

:)

3810 10-26-2011 06:28 PM

Hi ,Does anyone know the features of the xg11 over an 11x.
Thanks

slarty 10-27-2011 09:29 AM

The XG11 will use the JR's implementation of 2.4 GHz instead of Spektrums. It is basically a "Frequency Hopping" AND "Direct Sequence" hybrid system. It also has Telemetry embedded, the receiver is supplied with a Telemetry sender (RA01T) which talks back to the XG11.

Various sensors are or soon will be available. The embedded sensor reports back the receiver voltage, and as I said various others are available such as Temperature, Altitude, RPM. I think there is another one but can't be certain.

3810 10-27-2011 07:28 PM

Thanks Slarty,it will be interesting to see what the price difference will be?

ira d 10-27-2011 07:55 PM

JR seems to have put the USA market on the back burner if you really want a XG11 I would guess you would tohave purchase from a overseas dealer that will
ship to the U.S. however support andservicewill be a problem. I might also add I dont know if the XG11 isFCCcertified to be sold in the U.S. I doubt that it is.