RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   JR Radio & Spektrum Radios (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/)
-   -   !0X aux 3 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/10875520-0x-aux-3-a.html)

dixieairplane 12-25-2011 08:25 AM

!0X aux 3

Hey guys
I have Jr 10x that a cant inhibit aux 3 right side lever.
When I move the lever it moves my elevator ,I have inhibited all the
aux channels in #17 and inhibited all mixes.
Any ideas?

snuts 12-25-2011 08:57 AM

RE: !0X aux 3

Try another model#. I'm sure you have a hidden mix.
Full model reset, then inhibit Aux3. Should be clear then.

Hope this may help, -Snuts-

dixieairplane 12-25-2011 11:20 AM

Thanks snuts ,gave that a try ,still doing the same thing even on a
completely different model number.Still scratching my head.
The Aux 3 is inhibited but is stll operating the elevator when moved.
Wing and all controls set to normal ?
Thanks
dixieairplane

BuschBarber 12-25-2011 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: dixieairplane

Thanks snuts ,gave that a try ,still doing the same thing even on a
completely different model number.Still scratching my head.
The Aux 3 is inhibited but is stll operating the elevator when moved.
Wing and all controls set to normal ?
Thanks
dixieairplane

I have the 9303, not the 10X, and I know that they are very different. One thing that may be in common is that Inhibiting Aux 3 does not necessarily Inhibit the switch assigned to Aux 3. You might look for that in your programming.

snuts 12-25-2011 11:56 AM

Rich, it shouldn't follow to another model unless for some reason there may be a common mix on the alternate model chosen.

Dixie, the kids arn't coming home untill tommorow. Grandpa needs something to do. I will try to simulate what you have. I commonly assign my knobs to a throtle up mix.

Can you find an unused model program, -THEN DO A FULL RESET #28-. There should be no elevator on aux3 then.
Others may know right away. But I will try to help.

-Snuts-

BuschBarber 12-25-2011 12:00 PM

ORIGINAL: snuts

Rich, it shouldn't follow to another model unless for some reason there may be a common mix on the alternate model chosen.

Dixie, the kids arn't coming home untill tommorow. Grandpa needs something to do. I will try to simulate what you have. I commonly assign my knobs to a throtle up mix.

Can you find an unused model program, -THEN DO A FULL RESET #28-. There should be no elevator on aux3 then.
Others may know right away. But I will try to help.

-Snuts-

Thanks!!

snuts 12-25-2011 12:23 PM

Dixieairplane, was this bought used? Do you know the history of the transmitter?
After a full reset, I hope your ghost is gone. Although it means starting from scratch to program your given airframe.

-Snuts-
(Merry Christmas)

dixieairplane 12-25-2011 02:26 PM

Yes I did get it used ,but have been flying it for over a year.
I recently had to send it to get the rudder rate switch replaced after it
fell over and broke the toggle.
I did do a full reset (code 28) and still doing the same thing.This is my first computer radio,
been flying rc since 78.Needless to say Im a little overwhelmed with all the options .
I have read the book from front to back several times and cant seem to inhibit the aux 3 lever.
Glad I caught it on a control check before flying or it may have cost me my pattern ship.
Thanks for all your help guys,I really do appreciate it.
Dixieairplane

snuts 12-25-2011 02:48 PM

At this point, it may need to go back to horizon. Unless others have any suggestions.

But in the meantime I would like to share this with you, (and all) save it. Print out a copy, very powerfull in helping understand the potential of your good choice in transmitters. It is a little hard to find, and these links disappear from the J.R. site as transmitters are deamed obsolete.

http://www.jrradios.com/ProdInfo/Art...basicsetup.pdf

-Snuts-

KC36330 12-25-2011 02:55 PM

sold my 10x a few yrs ago but i'm sure after you inhibit Aux3 you have to also inhibit the trim function otherwise the level will act as a trim.

dixieairplane 12-25-2011 04:11 PM

Thanks guys .looks like a trip to Horizon or maybe a new transmitter.
A trusted friend suggested that maybe it would make more sence to get a newer radio
if I cant resolve this problem.I love the metal case,reminds me of my old Kraft single stick.
Are the newer radios easier or more difficult to use.?So invest in repair or save for the
newer radio.Just spent 90 bucks getting my rudder rate switch replaced shipping etc...
Merry Christmas to all.
Dixeairplane

BuschBarber 12-25-2011 04:17 PM

A trusted friend suggested that maybe it would make more sence to get a newer radio
if I cant resolve this problem.I love the metal case,reminds me of my old Kraft single stick.
Are the newer radios easier or more difficult to use.?So invest in repair or save for the
newer radio.Just spent 90 bucks getting my rudder rate switch replaced shipping etc...
Merry Christmas to all.
Dixeairplane

I think you will find the programming in the newer radios is much more intuitive.

Zeeb 12-26-2011 08:57 AM

Merry Christmas to all.
Dixeairplane

The 12X is the only JR radio with a metal case now and it's programming is very nearly identical to the 10X. Lots of guys have been going to the JR 11X which isn't a metal case, has one less channel, an SD card, more intuitive programming as Rich mentioned, will do most of the things a 12X will do and it's a chunk less money. It was released a couple of years after after the 12X.

Some guys don't like the look of the thing but most reports I've seen are positive. I love the feel of the 12X with it's extra weight and have no regrets about buying it, had the 11X been available at that time I'm sure I'd have looked at it. I'd suggest if the 11X is a consideration that you try and get your hands on one to see how you feel about the appearance and how it feels in your hands. The 12X will feel almost exactly the way your 10X does.

dixieairplane 12-26-2011 12:31 PM

I will call Jr tomorrow and see what they say,maybe they can walk me through
a fix or give me some idea about repairs.I sure appreciate you  guys trying
to help me get this figured out.
Cheers,
Dixieairplane

grizzly59 12-27-2011 05:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have used this easy set up Manual for every plane I flew with the 10X. Maybe step by step info will help.

dixieairplane 12-28-2011 06:06 PM

Thanks Hoosier 06,thats a good download for me,thanks for
taking time to send it.I went ahead and sent my radio to Horizon to
be checked out.Now I will have a good starting point to get my
Intruder back into the air.
Thanks and best wishes for the new year.
Dixieairplane

dixieairplane 01-15-2012 07:30 AM

Hey Guys,
Just got my radio back from Jr and they found the aux3 mounting
bracket insulator was broken and shorting to the elevator gimbal pot
which coupled the aux3 with the elevator.The fine folks at Horizon
were excellent to deal with and spent about 30minutes on the
phone trying to help me fiqure out what was going on .Polite,
curtious ,friendly was the service I recieved.They acted like my problem
was their problem and provided top notch service.I will be a JR guy from
now on because of the treatment I recieved.I will spread the word in my club.
Must have damged the bracket when it fell off the bench.My fault ,not the radio.
Thanks
Dixieairplane

snuts 01-17-2012 12:46 PM

Thank-you for the update. Nice to find the real issue. I love my 10X, but somehow my X9503 seams to be picking up all the new models off the bench. Hmmm?

-Snuts-

yorkiepap 01-24-2012 10:55 AM

Hey guys,
I find this thread a real value as I got back into RC a couple years ago, & now retired, really gearing up for this upcoming spring/summer. Over the last (2)yrs, I purchased a Turnigy 9X, FlySky TH9X, Multiplex EVO12, & a couple PC programmable 6X units to make a determination for the best system I could use that would cover the various plane genres I have been building. Ihave "lazy" birds(Cub/Cessna), powered gliders(2/Dynam HS/72&2.4), &(6) warbirds 800-1400mm.

Last year I picked up a pristine JR10X after looking at a fellow club members' 10X at one of our meetings. I was quite impressed with the quality & all the available options/programming functions that this unit could do. It did come with the owners manual, so I do have a bit of "homework" to do & some "on-hand" lessons by the club member. After months of research & owner usage satisfaction levels of all the Tx/Rx systems on the market, I decided that the 10X will be my controller. Ihave sold most of the others with a couple left & picked up a 2nd 10X as a backup unit. I have ordered a new FlySky 2.4GHz JR module w/telemetry Rx to update my 10X's. Iwill post a product review when Iget it & field tested as they have superb reviews & excellent long range.

Ihave printed the links/PDF's some of you have posted on the 10X for programming tips & wanted to extend my THANKS for doing so. I'll take any more suggestions/offerings any of you fellow RCers have regarding your use of the 10X.

Denny

snuts 01-24-2012 12:38 PM

Denny, purchasing a second 10X was a wise move. The 10X will only transfer to another 10X, or use the data link to a PC.
I'm sure you will enjoy yours as much as I do mine. The comfort, confidence, and fermiliararity out weigh what resale is currently.

-Snuts-