RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   JR Radio & Spektrum Radios (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/)
-   -   Master/slave mix problem (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/11574429-master-slave-mix-problem.html)

F106A 07-19-2013 02:47 PM

Master/slave mix problem

Hi,
I have a 12X/1222RX and have two 8711's powering one stabilator.
One servo is plugged into the elevator slot, the other to Aux2.
Wing type is normal and Aux2 is INH.
When I turn on, the Aux2 servo drives in one direction then, after about 3-5 seconds, it returns to center and operates with the Elevator servo.
Can't figure out what's wrong, almost seems like it's in failsafe, then comes out.
Thanks,
Jon

Len Todd 07-19-2013 03:33 PM

RE: Master/slave mix problem

Did you try another servo?

F106A 07-19-2013 03:41 PM

yes, it's not a servo problem.
I have the same issue with my F-16, but since each servo drives one stab, it's not an issue.
I'm setting up my F-4, and the two servos are driving one stab, it's a real issue.
Jon

Len Todd 07-19-2013 04:22 PM

<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 13.333333015441895px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">I have DX8&rsquo;s. But the issue got my attention because of some weird servo responses I have been seeing lately and two giant scale crashes using them. But for your issue:<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 13.333333015441895px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">Could your issue maybe be related to a speed setting for the Flaps and Flaps is also programmed into Aux 2? Or do you have the correct tail type selection (e.g. two servos per elevator)? However, ... Sometimes, I have had to abandon the tail types and go to normal tail and just do mixes. Sometimes, probems crop up after working well for months and I have to reset the model in the transmitter and manually program from scratch to fix the thing. Maybe you could put the two on each surface on a "Y" versus dedicating a channel to each of the 4 servos?.

Frankly, I am considering giving up on Spektrum. But, I hear some of their competitor&rsquo;s horror stories also.</span><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 13.333333015441895px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">

I recently have/had another but similar issue. I had two elevators mixed together to operate together. Occasionally on startup, the one elevator would go full up and the other would be neutral. This only happened at startup. I would have to change the mix's offset in the transmitter's mix setting to Zero (0) % to fix it. Then the next flight or two, the elevator would be full down and I would have to put the 100% offset back in. Not much of a problem now as the plane doing this crashed and was totaled. But, I am going to get this figured out on the bench or dispose of the two AR 9210s (and maybe the two DX8s) before I commit either back to a another expensive plane.

</span></p><span style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 13.333333015441895px;">Good luck!</span>

BuschBarber 07-19-2013 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: F106A

Hi,
When I turn on, the Aux2 servo drives in one direction then, after about 3-5 seconds, it returns to center and operates with the Elevator servo.
Can't figure out what's wrong, almost seems like it's in failsafe, then comes out.
Thanks,
Jon
If you do not Bind again, after you choose a Wing Type or Tail Type, you may see one control surface half deflect the wrong way when you first power up the Tx/Rx. This is because the Rx goes into Failsafe (Hold), for a brief second, before the Rx Links (Connects) to the Tx. Binding sets the Failsafe Conditions as well as teaching the Rx to only respond to your Tx.

k12rc 07-19-2013 05:16 PM

I have the 11x use aux3aux4 for carnards it will be ok all day then the next time i fly one will be up one down ive tried to rebind it still happens have to reset centers. Every time been going crazy trying to figure this one out

F106A 07-19-2013 05:30 PM

Hi Rich,
That was it, I bound it again and it works fine.
I knew it was somehow related to failsafe, just couldn't figure it out.
Thanks for your help.
BRG,
Jon

BuschBarber 07-19-2013 05:55 PM

Hi Rich,
That was it, I bound it again and it works fine.
I knew it was somehow related to failsafe, just couldn't figure it out.
Thanks for your help.
BRG,
Jon
Thanks!

AndyKunz 07-20-2013 06:19 AM

Hi,
Thanks,
Jon
You didn't re-bind after getting the model set up. The AUX2 port is going to the failsafe position set during the bind process, and because it was bound as an independent channel (probably on a switch) it went in that direction.

It should be solved by re-binding in order to set the new failsafe position.

With a DX18 you can bind from a menu instead of from power-up, too.

Andy

Edit: Looks like I should have read more posts before answering.

crankpin 08-15-2013 01:14 AM

When all else fails, "Rebind". Took me a while to learn that some time back.

Crank