RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   JR Radio & Spektrum Radios (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/)
-   -   AR10360T Paper Weight? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/11693870-ar10360t-paper-weight.html)

djmp69 10-03-2021 11:31 PM

AR10360T Paper Weight?

For some reason the AS3X portion of the AR10360T has seemed to stopped working. Really cool out of the box. Though there aren't really any videos or instructions out there for it, I was able to get it to work going by following support for the 637. Hmmm. Well, I got the AS3X portion to work.

HOWEVER

The next day, I went to show a friend the cool receiver, and guess what? NOTHING. Well, I won't say nothing. It works like any other receiver. Except there is no stabilization. Nothing was changed between the time it worked and the time I tried it again. The plane hasn't even been flown, so it can't be said that a crash messed up the RX. The plane hasn't even moved off the stand yet. No changes were made whatsoever. But try as I might, no matter what flight mode, what gain setting, the surfaces do not move unless I move the sticks. I tried rebinding. I tried the factory reset. There are no updates out there.
Any ideas?

BarracudaHockey 10-04-2021 03:00 AM

Not sure about that RX but many Spektrum AS3X equipped RX's need the throttle advanced past 25% once to arm the stabilization so that the controls aren't going nuts as you walk the plane out to the runway or whatever.

djmp69 10-04-2021 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey (Post 12697034)
Not sure about that RX but many Spektrum AS3X equipped RX's need the throttle advanced past 25% once to arm the stabilization so that the controls aren't going nuts as you walk the plane out to the runway or whatever.

That's exactly what it was, lol. And that makes sense, especially if you're all electric, you don't want that eating up your battery. Since I hadn't flown the plane yet, the engine was not running, so I had no reason to think to raise the throttle. Maybe if I had just read the manual (it might be in there, I don't know).

Thanks, works great!

BarracudaHockey 10-04-2021 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by djmp69 (Post 12697077)
That's exactly what it was, lol. And that makes sense, especially if you're all electric, you don't want that eating up your battery. Since I hadn't flown the plane yet, the engine was not running, so I had no reason to think to raise the throttle. Maybe if I had just read the manual (it might be in there, I don't know).

Thanks, works great!

LOL ya

AS3X Reaction Test This test ensures that the AS3X control system is functioning properly.
1. Assemble the aircraft, bind your transmitter to the receiver, and complete the AS3X First Time Setup in the Forward Programming menu before performing this test.
2. Raise the throttle above 25% to activate AS3X, then lower the throttle.
Once the AS3X system is active, control surfaces move in response to aircraft movement. AS3X remains active until the battery is disconnected.

djmp69 10-04-2021 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey (Post 12697034)

Andy, this leads to a possible other receiver with maybe the same issue. The question is two fold if you'll bear with me.

Is it the same with the AR9350? I've had a few of these receivers for quite some time but never tried AS3X until recently. The difference is that even at full gain settings, the surfaces do move, but barely. I've tried using both the app on my laptop as well as the ix12 app with the bluetooth dongle. Same result.

So, 1. Is it still dependent on initial THRO advancement? I'll have to try this when I get home.

2. Is there an update that will allow the AR9350 be programmed via forward programming or is programming this receiver only with the older app?

AWorrest 10-05-2021 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by djmp69 (Post 12697146)
Is it the same with the AR9350? I've had a few of these receivers for quite some time but never tried AS3X until recently. The difference is that even at full gain settings, the surfaces do move,

If you are using analog servos, I had the same problem with an AR637T. By default the signal the receiver sends to the servo has a 11ms frame rate. This is too fast for some analog servos. This setting is separate from the frame rate that you set for the transmitter to the receiver. You can set the frame rate for each channel through the forward programming menu. I don’t have my receiver in front of me but as I recall it is at the beginning of the forward programming in the Other submenu.

Allan

djmp69 10-05-2021 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by AWorrest (Post 12697286)
If you are using analog servos, I had the same problem with an AR637T. By default the signal the receiver sends to the servo has a 11ms frame rate. This is too fast for some analog servos. This setting is separate from the frame rate that you set for the transmitter to the receiver. You can set the frame rate for each channel through the forward programming menu. I don’t have my receiver in front of me but as I recall it is at the beginning of the forward programming in the Other submenu.

Allan

That's actually some good info,. I am using digital servos, but unfortunately the AR9350 is not compatible with forward programming, and the older app does not have a menu selection for that.

Thanks tho!

AWorrest 10-05-2021 06:49 PM

In the DX8e manual it states that a AS3X Gain Live View telemetry screen can be set up on your transmitter where you can adjust the gains. Setting up the screen also establishes a gain menu in the Function List. This apparently only works for receivers without forward programming, such as the AR9350.

Allan

djmp69 10-05-2021 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by AWorrest (Post 12697323)
In the DX8e manual it states that a AS3X Gain Live View telemetry screen can be set up on your transmitter where you can adjust the gains. Setting up the screen also establishes a gain menu in the Function List. This apparently only works for receivers without forward programming, such as the AR9350.

Allan

I'll have to try that, tho I'm wondering if that will address my issue. Its not that I have problems setting up the gains, it's that there is very little movement in the surfaces no matter WHAT the gains are set to. You've definable given me something to work with, maybe it will work the same for a dx9.

Thanks!