RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   JR Radio & Spektrum Radios (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/)
-   -   Spektrum NX8 Warning Message.. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/11697897-spektrum-nx8-warning-message.html)

we4fm 03-19-2022 12:40 PM

Spektrum NX8 Warning Message..

When I start my NX8 and then plug in the planes battery there's a Warning message on my NX8. The message reads -
ESC: 8.1V 0.0 A 32.OF

I can use the clear button on the NX8 which gets rid of the message and takes me to the main window.

Question is...
1. Is this Warning showing somethings wrong?
2. Do I have something setup incorrectly?
3. If this is just showing the planes battery isn't fully charged is there a setting within the NX8 to lower the voltage warning to say 8.0V - so the warning doesn't show up so early?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

limey66 06-21-2022 12:15 PM

I have the same message (ESC 8.1V 0.0A 32.F) after setting up my UMX Turbo Timber with my NX6 radio. Did you ever find out what this is? Any ideas Anyone?

AndyKunz 06-22-2022 11:43 AM

1) No. It's a status report. After 3.07 comes out it will make more sense.
2) No.
3) The telemetry section is getting major changes in 3.07.

The alert is caused by the interaction of the Smart ESC/battery settings as the receiver comes to life.

Andy

limey66 06-22-2022 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by AndyKunz (Post 12732291)
1) No. It's a status report. After 3.07 comes out it will make more sense.
2) No.
3) The telemetry section is getting major changes in 3.07.

The alert is caused by the interaction of the Smart ESC/battery settings as the receiver comes to life.

Andy

thank you Andy, so it doesn’t affect control surfaces or the plane doing funky things?

AndyKunz 06-22-2022 12:50 PM

Correct. Telemetry is data coming back to you. Control is going in the other direction.

The transmitter is telling you what the ESC reported about its status, that's all. It has nothing to do with controlling the plane.

Andy

we4fm 06-23-2022 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by limey66 (Post 12732173)
I have the same message (ESC 8.1V 0.0A 32.F) after setting up my UMX Turbo Timber with my NX6 radio. Did you ever find out what this is? Any ideas Anyone?

The following was a reply I got from BrianPhillipsRC...
Sometimes the warning will come up when the voltage is tested as the plane fires up, and the telemetry updates BEFORE it gets the full voltage reading. I've seen this before. You can go into Audio Events I think under Telemetry, and change this annoying warning. We were JUST getting into the NX lineup when this plane was (re) released, so I apologize for being so underwhelming on my understanding of the NX at this point.If you're running a 2S, 4.2VDC + 4.2VDC would be at or about 8.1VDC (I mean, should be 8.4 VDC in a perfect world, but that's close enough, and still what I would consider to be "Charged").YES, you can change what points they alarm, and cell imbalance (not on this one that I know of) and some other details....but not on NON-Smart batteries. To be 100% honest, I'm not sure what all is supported, since they don't technically have the "Smart" tech in the 2S packs YET ;)

If you're running a 2S, 4.2VDC + 4.2VDC would be at or about 8.1VDC (I mean, should be 8.4 VDC in a perfect world, but that's close enough, and still what I would consider to be "Charged").
YES, you can change what points they alarm, and cell imbalance (not on this one that I know of) and some other details....but not on NON-Smart batteries. To be 100% honest, I'm not sure what all is supported, since they don't technically have the "Smart" tech in the 2S packs YET ;)

Here is another reply I got from BD Tennessee...
You have a minimum start voltage.If battery is below that when plugging into ESC it will alarm on radio.When unplugging thats a glitch that happens. Its cause it sees voltage lost. Go into telemetry screen, click on smart battery. You will see minimal and starting voltage. Confirm settings and change them if need too.
Hope this helps.

we4fm 06-23-2022 06:34 AM

Accidentally repeated posted above. See above.