Community
Search
Notices
JTEC / RADIOWAVE Support Get all your questions regarding JTEC/RADIOWAVE products answered here!

JTEC MUFFLERS AND ACCESSORIES

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 05:32 PM
al

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JTEC MUFFLERS AND ACCESSORIES

JTEC offers many different style mufflers.

1) In Cowl
2) Wraparound PITTS style
3) CUSTOM
and
4) Functional Exhaust for warbirds.

We offer PITTS style mufflers for side mounted and inverted mounted Gas and Glow engines. Our new line of of Inverted PITTS or Wraparound Pitts mufflers are made to fit many different engines. They are light weight and offer large expansion chambers to help reduce noise and are TIG welded for strength.

Each muffler is made to replace the standard muffler using the existing mounting bolt location and exhaust pattern. For those engines that do not accept a bolt on muffler we also offer many styles of strap on.

Our Muffler line includes standard cans for engines such as Desert Aircraft, 3W, ZDZ as well as many others.

We can offer you custom services. We make your exhaust when ordered. This allows us to customize them to your needs.

For those who are into warbirds check out our website to see our Functional Exhaust.

Check the website out at www.jtecrc.com for all our products.

Al Young
JTEC/RADIOWAVE

Old 12-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Banker
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: JTEC MUFFLERS AND ACCESSORIES

Do you have any installation pics of the in cowl cans for a DA 100? What is the DB rating?
Old 12-13-2005, 09:43 AM
al

Banker,

We have not done any for the DA 100. We have done them for the DA150. I do not have the Data with me but they were well within the IMAC specs.

What you see on the webpage are the prototypes, They were designed to fit in our 40% extra on a DA150. They are designed to fit within the confines of the cowl and be a direct replacement for the stock exhaust eliminating the need to go to headers and cans.

Al
JTEC/RADIOWAVE

Old 12-15-2005, 09:55 PM
JBanks523
My Feedback: (17)

Hey Al, did McQueen give you specs for the custom muffler I was looking for, for my ZDZ 80, thats mounted sideways (not inverted) on my 2.6m Composite Arf Extra?
Old 12-16-2005, 08:56 AM
al

John,

thats a big no!!!!! Or at least not that I recall. Let me know what you want.

We just did a custom set for a Bme 105 on a Godfrey 35% Extra and a set for a 35% comp Arf Yak with a Bme 110.

When you get a chance to fly the PANZL let me know and get some pictures for the website.

Give me a call or email me and we can see what we can do on the exhaust system for you, It shouldn't be a problem.

I took some pictures of the systems we just did and as soon as Kevin gets in I'll have him load them up

Take care

Al
Old 12-16-2005, 11:03 AM
al

here is a shot of the set we just did for a 35% Godfrey Extra with a BME 106. It does not have a pipe tunnel so we made a set to fit under the engine box.

The ones for the Comp Arf YAK are similar with a few more mods

Al
JTEC/RADIOWAVE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57593.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	371032  
Old 01-18-2006, 01:15 PM
al

We have recently received results on our new large mufflers for twins. (see previous post) from one of our customers

These were made for a BME 106 with std mufflers. according to the customers the STD mufflers read 106db.

The customer has a Godfrey 35% Extra which he can not install canisters. We develop a large set of mufflers for him (previous post)

results 99-100db using these

These are not canisters but light weight large volume mufflers that bolt on. They are made for those plane that do not have pipe tunnels or do nt require canisters.

We have several options to reduce noise if its a problem.

Give us a call or email us and we can see the best options for your requirements.

Al Young
JTEC/RADIOWAVE
[email protected]
www.jtecrc.com

Old 02-13-2006, 07:45 PM
greyhound man
My Feedback: (5)

I have an Evolution 58 (mvvs) with a wrap around bisson pitts muffler. I was just curious if you made anything for this engine that is.....lighter weight and /or less restrictive....trying to get more power of course
Old 02-13-2006, 09:09 PM
al

we make a couple of different type mufflers for the MVVS/EVO 58. I do not know the specs on the bission. our standard wraparound pitts weighs 8.6 oz. We did the muffler development work with Horizon on these engines .

We have the large version with more volume the reduces noise,it weighs in at 10oz. We have sold a fair amount of both styles and everybody seems happy.

Al
Old 04-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Billa2.5D

What about the new muffler for the DA50. Are there two versions for that too and what are the reports? Noise is not a concern but power certainly is.

Thanks,
Aamer
Old 04-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Billa2.5D

Any comparitive RPM figures would be nice !
Old 07-15-2006, 11:35 PM
crhammond
My Feedback: (21)

Al made me a custom muffler for my ZDZ80. It is a wrap around Pitts style with a much bigger can than the Bisson and long exhaust stacks. The results were great - less weight than the Bisson, 300 RPM more, a very appealing low growl and FAR less noise. It is reading 89 db @ 6500RPM 25ft down wind from the side of the spinner with a very noisy wood prop (JFX 25x10.) So its less noisy than my DA50 with Mejzlik 3-blade and slimline muffler.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:35 AM
Billa2.5D

Is this muffler for the ZDZ80 available for the rest of us and if yes, then for how much. I have the same engine and have a 75cc PEFA cannister but was told that it might be restricitive.

Thanks,
Aamer
Old 07-17-2006, 08:10 AM
al

ORIGINAL: Billa2.5D

Is this muffler for the ZDZ80 available for the rest of us and if yes, then for how much. I have the same engine and have a 75cc PEFA cannister but was told that it might be restricitive.

Thanks,
Aamer

Aamer,

The muffler we made for Chris is basically our large can wraparound muffler. We can make the same for almost any engine. We have 2 versions of wraparound mufflers the standard size and the large can. Basic cost on the large can (stock) start at $139.99 depending on the engine (around 50cc). The large can on the ZDZ 80 is $155.99

Thanks
Al
JTEC/RADIOWAVE
Old 01-15-2007, 09:21 AM
LANNYBOB

ive gotten one recently for my thunder tiger 120. havent had a month and stripped out threads on the muffler. didnt over tighten it , i know better.
i think the vibration of the motor stripped em out. or weak threads. so now its getting two bolts all the way through and six nuts on them with high temp copper sealant. im leaving to go get the sealant right now. bye bye
Old 01-15-2007, 09:38 AM
al

The muffler is aluminum, the screws are alloy. The alloy screws will strip the thrreads on the aluminum muffler if over tightened. The best way to mount any aluminum muffler is to make sure all the threads are clean of oil and fuel residue and use a drop of thread lock. Tighten down until the lock washers just compresses.

Vibration could have caused the problem. A chiped prop or out of balance prop can cause many issues. It would cause bolts to loosen. another reason to use a drop of thread lock when mounting mufflers, servo screws etc.

When the plane is on the ground the ground absorbs much of the vibration through the landing gear. once in the air the airframe gets all the vibration. This is also a reason to look into soft mounts for your engines.

By the way the muffler can be repaired if the oil residue can be removed. the threaded holes can be rewelded and retapped.

Al Young
JTEC/RADIOWAVE
Old 01-15-2007, 02:38 PM
LANNYBOB

i threaded two long bolts through the muffler and put two nuts at the end with some high temp loctite copper gasket material. it shouldn't come loose again. the first four or five threads leading into the muffler were stripped some how. i think i got it permanently secure. i'll know this weekend. cheers.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:32 PM
al

if you have a problem, let us know

Al
Old 01-23-2007, 08:22 PM
LANNYBOB

bad weather this past weekend unabled me to fly my funtana and test the new muffler bolts i put in. weather was bad for three days and of course on tuesday the weather was nice. imagine that.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:14 PM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 1/4 scale Wilga and I am looking for a muffler to suit my needs. I have a G-62 in it, but it is mounted sideways, not inverted. On your side mount mufflers how are the tubes oriented? Are they welded on to the muffler body so they are parallel with the crankshaft or perpendicular? Either way would be ok, as I will have to add flexible hose to get the exhaust out of the cowl, but it might make routing the hose easier if it is one or the other.

I guess I need to send you a pic to explain things better.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 01-31-2007, 03:28 PM
al

Hi Jeff,

I can make you almost ant type muffler you want. If you have an idea of something that we can make for you put it on a piece of paper and fax it to us or email it. If you are going to send a picture (which would be a good thing) send it low resolution and send it to our email address at [email protected] It will make it much easier to communicate

Thanks
Al Young
JTEC/RADIOWAVE
[email protected]
www.jtecrc.com
Old 02-10-2007, 01:53 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Al,

What about a set of quiet in cowl muffs for a DA-150? Trying to save the 2 pounds of weight for cans.

Would muffs like you made for the 106 be too long and heavy and experience too much stress from vibration?
Old 02-11-2007, 07:10 PM
al

Jason,

We are working on some new styles, Let me know what room you have from the exhaust port to the first former. Not sure how much weight you will save.

We are also working on tune pipes. Hopefully in a monthe or so we will release them

Al
Old 02-12-2007, 03:54 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Cool. I have a huge cannister tunnel... my only concern is the weight.

I'll try and get some measurements to you when I get a chance... a lot of other things going on right now.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:14 PM
LANNYBOB

update on my thunder tiger 120 2 stroke jtec pitts style muffler. i had problems with the muffler botls coming loose everytime i flew it. well i put some longer bolts all the way through the muffler and secured them with nuts and high temp copper gasket goop. well today i finally flew it again and it held. i think what happened the last time i didnt make the bolts and nuts tight enough. anyways great muffler looks good and sounds even better. i love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.