Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > KingTech Turbines International
Reload this Page >

KingTech Turbines and its oils

Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

KingTech Turbines and its oils

Old 02-07-2015, 10:08 PM
marquisvns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KingTech Turbines and its oils

After much Skype, Line, emails, messages, phone calls, conference calls, between the factory, me and Dirk, we have finally decided to put together a comparison chart with policies to help you determine what oils to use. Wenfu and I even looked into the possibility of Dirk maybe being to "anol" about the cleanliness of the interior upon servicing, but there will be no compromise since some of the coking do coke right up into the injectors. Perhaps our engines are inherently sensitive to what oil is being used, we rather risk to be criticized to that effect and/or just trying to sell more oil, then to compromise for compatibility and suffer reputation on reliability while risking your jets. After recent couple/few years of servicing engines, Dirk and I along with information and data from the factory, we are confident with the accuracy of the below comparison:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	KT Oil Comp.jpg
Views:	3521
Size:	359.2 KB
ID:	2071308  
Old 02-08-2015, 12:29 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Witch fuel its better to use ? Kerosine or diesel ,i prefer kerosine it just looks cleaner .
Old 02-08-2015, 12:58 PM
RemoteJets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hye Barry,

thanks for the table, that is clarifying things a little bit better.

But not if this is with diesel or kerosine, maybe this will give some other outcome.

And one thing, here in the Netherlands everyone knows the following advertisement: 'Wij van WC eend, adviseren WC eend', translated: 'We from WC duck, advice WC duck'.

That Kingtech oil is the only one which is the best is not a big surprise, I can understand that.
And that will not be to bad if it can be purchased easily, but I think that that is the biggest problem.

So because of the hard to get Kingtech oil we have to use other oils, and now we have to 'pay' for that, iaw extra labor or less time between maintenance (will leave the no warranty out of this).

Hope this table will be placed also on the website and in the manuals?

Don`t get me wrong, it are fabulous turbines, myself and my customers are very happy with it, but this gives a little different view of the oil to be used.

Best regards,
Berto.

RemoteJets
Old 02-10-2015, 10:03 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks Barry, Dirk and others involved. One can see from the chart that quite a bit of work was involved in generating the data and recommendations. I agree with Berto; it would be great to see that chart on your website.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:40 AM
RemoteJets

Regarding the findings of my turbine mentioned in the other thread by Barry I am thinking of switching to BP2380 and advice my customers also to do that.

Barry can you contact me about the Kingtech oil on my shop mail? If there is a way to get that oil in the Netherlands that would be great for my customers and myself off course ;-)

Grt,
Berto.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:41 PM
marquisvns

Yes Zeeb, we'll do that, Berto, BP2380 is a good oil, and Vera said DHL could ship our oil and is looking into costs.

Regards,
Barry
Old 02-25-2015, 08:14 PM
wilzchau
My Feedback: (7)

Originally Posted by marquisvns View Post
Yes Zeeb, we'll do that, Berto, BP2380 is a good oil, and Vera said DHL could ship our oil and is looking into costs.

Regards,
Barry
Barry, does that mean DTE Lite is still approved and covered by the warranty as long as the engine is sent in under the 15-20 hrs interval (instead of 25)?
Don't get me wrong, I know KingTech oil is the best, but it is so difficult to get one, even I made my order online. BP 2380 is good but it is "carcinogenic" that worries me a bit.

Last edited by wilzchau; 02-25-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:52 PM
marquisvns

Yes Wilzchau, that is correct.

Regards,
Barry
Old 02-26-2015, 01:23 AM
Crowy-jet

KingTech Oil for Europe is aviable in my shop

http://www.kingtechturbine.lu/267945...n-zubeh%C3%B6r

Delivery to Eu countries.

regards

Jean-Marc

www.kingtechturbine.lu
KingTech Luxembourg

Last edited by Crowy-jet; 02-26-2015 at 01:58 AM.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:39 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Given that this is newer information, what do you suggest when purchasing used engines? I've bought 2 used ones now and OF COURSE the users say all they usedis kingtech oil. One engine I am concerned about has 15 hours, if he wasn't using kingtech that means in the next 5 hours I could have some issues or void a warranty.

Will kingtech be willing to do a prorated service based on the hours so I know I am starting with a clean slate and have bearings that have only seen kintech oil for used engines. Could just be a short term thing to clean up whats out there. just a thought.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:00 PM
marquisvns

good luck!
Old 04-14-2015, 07:43 PM
essyou35

Wow.

Originally Posted by marquisvns View Post
good luck!
Old 04-15-2015, 04:19 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

If you take your car in early for an oil change is it any cheaper?

No because they are putting labor into it and its the same labor weather its done early or late. That is just my view of it.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:40 AM
essyou35

Regardless of the answer I was just blown back by the lack of professionalism to my legitimate question in both of your responses.

Kingtech said it was ok to run certain oils, then changed their minds.
Never was a requirement to send in an engine at 15 -20 hours for DTE lite.

I know its only 300 bucks but I thought it fair to ask is all. I'll probably just send it in anyways to avoid any issues. It just creates a situation where any used turbine purchased probably should be sent in for inspection in case its been running one of the other oils like DTE.

Either way I still like Kingtech engines.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:01 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

Sorry you feel that way. I was not trying to slam you at all it was a legitimate question.
IMO though if the engine is running perfect when you buy the used engine and you use Kingtech oil I don't see anything getting any worse. Now if you have bearing noises or other problems then yes send it in.

Originally Posted by essyou35 View Post
Regardless of the answer I was just blown back by the lack of professionalism to my legitimate question in both of your responses.

I know its only 300 bucks but I thought it fair to ask is all. I'll probably just send it in anyways to avoid any issues. It just creates a situation where any used turbine purchased probably should be sent in for inspection in case its been running one of the other oils like DTE.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:29 AM
essyou35

Describe "bearing noise".
Old 04-16-2015, 07:11 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Describe "bearing noise".
I have heard people mention bearing noise or other noises. Being new to turbines and usually wearing hearing protection I have wondered what to listen for.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:15 AM
marquisvns

Joey, a little reminder to the history of your DTE endeavor, that I had suggested you to stay away from day one and it was you that insisted to keep using it. We have no control of what oil each customer chooses to use, but we have the obligation to report subsequent results. As to your request to the used engines you purchased, we have no information to go by, not even registration information under your name since the only one was from 2013, let alone warranty eligibility, therefore my response, which I remain in blessing to your acquisition of used used engines - good luck!

Another word, once we have registration information, we could then have the owner(s) and oil purchase history.

Again, good luck!

Barry
Old 04-19-2015, 09:32 AM
essyou35

Barry, much better response! I remember the DTE situation way differently than that and as soon as I was told not to use it I stopped immediately. You originally told me it was ok and you had an engine running 40 hours on it.00 Its a moot point my turbine died and you guys fixed me up and its perfect! I only run kingtech oil now and I would never go against your advice.

I currently own 3 kingtechs and I thought I had paid warranty xfer on the other two, I found one paid warranty xfer invoice so I know the 180g is in my name. The K140g I didn't find a paid invoice perhaps I didn't pay that one yet, I want to get that taken care of.

I left you message yesterday no response. Also we need to get your records straightened out as well for my profile. Check Invoice 3597. Just give me a call when you get a chance, I'll make sure we are on the same page with the warranties etc. I'll see if I can find one for the 140g and if I cant lets get that one paid up!

I didn't fly much last year so kinda out of the loop but gearing up for a great year of flying and want to make sure my turbines are good. I appreciate it!
Old 04-19-2015, 10:16 AM
marquisvns

Joey, and all KingTech owners, please have your engines (purchased new or used) registered so that we know what engine we are talking about during a tech call, and work out warranty transferability on used engines with Vera at [email protected] or [email protected], after you have the engine registered.

Thanks,
Barry
Old 09-26-2017, 02:39 AM
karyadasarutama

can i know , where buy engine with power 650-700w weight 180gr
Old 10-02-2017, 05:57 AM
sompop

Dear barry
when will your kingtech oil be available in thailand?
Through a dealer who picks up his phone or answers his emails preferably
Old 01-14-2018, 11:50 AM
sompop

Has the KT Oil been made available in Thailand.?

Regards
Old 09-20-2019, 07:38 AM
Warbirdsforever
My Feedback: (4)

Silly question .. I would assume Kingtech doesn’t own a refinery. So what is the source of their oil.. and the basis two stroke or whatever? I wonder do they know more than Shell or Mobile ...of course those giant turbine folks have pressure oil systems. Not what we have in tiny turbines.. I run 560 and jet A both available at airport or BP if Aeroshell. not available.. both approved by Kingtech.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:34 PM
hotspot 01

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Distributors mix it I assume.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.