Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > KingTech Turbines International
Reload this Page >

The ECU does not run on 9.9 volts, its 6.6 volts Max

Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

The ECU does not run on 9.9 volts, its 6.6 volts Max

Old 03-17-2015, 07:47 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation The ECU does not run on 9.9 volts, its 6.6 volts Max

Guys,

I just got confirmation from Gaspar that the ECU does not get its power from the ECU battery, it instead gets power from your RX/power expander. ALSO the recommended max voltage that we use on King Tech engine is 6.6 volts, it is not 2s Lipo ready.

While it may work, you are running it at higher than spec, I have noticed the mini GSU displays do not work on 6.6+ volts, they will flicker or may not even light up at all.

So if you are running an HV setup, make sure you use an inline voltage reducer to get the out put voltage to 6.6 volts or less.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:50 PM
gsmarino2000
My Feedback: (2)

Disco,

Is Gasper saying max nominal or true maximum voltage? I assume nominal - I run two cell LiFe with no issues at all ... nominal 6.6, max voltage 7.3. This is actually less than a 6.0V NiMH pack at full charge (7.5V). The Power Safe receivers I use require a minimum of 6V nominal.

Thanks,
Greg
Old 03-19-2015, 12:07 AM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
Guys,

I just got confirmation from Gaspar that the ECU does not get its power from the ECU battery, it instead gets power from your RX/power expander. ALSO the recommended max voltage that we use on King Tech engine is 6.6 volts, it is not 2s Lipo ready.
Sorry, but this is not true, all ecus we manufactured since 1998 are capable to run with RX voltages up to 10V. I don't know your real name/email to check my answer, but I'm sure that never answered to any customer that he should use 6,6V on RX side. But English is my 4th language and sure that I make mistakes when replying over 60 emails each day!

Gaspar
Old 03-28-2015, 08:44 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Gaspar I forwarded your email please check it, we confirmed that the GSU gets its power from the reciver and not the battery, are you saying that is not true? I can show you a video with a volt meter.
2ndly, the MINI GSU does not work properly on anything higher than 6.6 volt. Is this not true? Again I can create a video to show you.

Not trying to make a fuss just getting the facts striaght, because I have tried 4 mini GSUs and 4 ESC, they all get power from the RX and they do not like 2s LIPO direct.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:09 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

deletted ..

Last edited by jws_aces; 03-30-2015 at 06:11 AM.