Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

K210 G2 Dripping on startup

Old 03-17-2020, 11:33 AM
mauryr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default K210 G2 Dripping on startup

Hello,
I've recently had to switch fuel back to diesel and I can't seem to get a good clean start out of this engine anymore. I was using pure kerosene before and had no issues but now, no matter what I try in the settings - increasing the pump to make the startup faster, decreasing it to make it more lean, adding duty cycle to switch more fuel to the main injectors or decreasing it to again make it more lean... a few drops of fuel always end up dripping out of the tail cone during the stage after switchover, no matter what I do. I don't get flames so it's not that big of an issue, but it is troublesome and annoying because it fouls up the airplane and because I need to put extra care preflighting to make sure the fuel has been cleaned up before closing the airplane and taking off.
I am at a loss because I have had kingtech engines for many years and never had this problem, with G1 or G2 ECU. Anyone have any tips on how to solve this? (going back to the previous fuel is not an option unfortunately)
Thanks!
Old 05-12-2021, 08:41 AM
butta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brand new kingtech k210 g2 had the same on first start. Fuel drips from the cone , nothing happened but I am afraid to put it on a fuselage, because it might cause serious problem. Any suggestions???
Old 05-12-2021, 06:55 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

This may help.

Old 05-13-2021, 03:01 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 65 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by butta View Post
My brand new kingtech k210 g2 had the same on first start. Fuel drips from the cone , nothing happened but I am afraid to put it on a fuselage, because it might cause serious problem. Any suggestions???
Talk to kingtech we’re ever you got it from…..this must have sit on a shelf for quite a while..
Old 05-14-2021, 09:33 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by mauryr View Post
Hello,
I've recently had to switch fuel back to diesel and I can't seem to get a good clean start out of this engine anymore. I was using pure kerosene before and had no issues but now, no matter what I try in the settings - increasing the pump to make the startup faster, decreasing it to make it more lean, adding duty cycle to switch more fuel to the main injectors or decreasing it to again make it more lean... a few drops of fuel always end up dripping out of the tail cone during the stage after switchover, no matter what I do. I don't get flames so it's not that big of an issue, but it is troublesome and annoying because it fouls up the airplane and because I need to put extra care preflighting to make sure the fuel has been cleaned up before closing the airplane and taking off.
I am at a loss because I have had kingtech engines for many years and never had this problem, with G1 or G2 ECU. Anyone have any tips on how to solve this? (going back to the previous fuel is not an option unfortunately)
Thanks!
Is this still in the same plane? Or have you changed the installation too when you changed fuels?

JanR
Old 05-20-2021, 09:19 AM
mauryr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Springbok Flyer View Post
Is this still in the same plane? Or have you changed the installation too when you changed fuels?

JanR
Same everything.
What I did notice is the winter diesel seems to drip more than the summer fuel. I wonder what kinda crap is in there
Old 05-20-2021, 11:20 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 65 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by mauryr View Post
Same everything.
What I did notice is the winter diesel seems to drip more than the summer fuel. I wonder what kinda crap is in there
Winter diesel depending on where you live, will have a winter additives in it, so it won’t freeze as easy as summer one which become like a gel and a few thing for starting ect….in really cold temp for truckers it work very well….