RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   KingTech Turbines International (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kingtech-turbines-international-521/)
-   -   kingtech oil (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kingtech-turbines-international-521/11632370-kingtech-oil.html)

sompop 09-05-2016 12:38 PM

kingtech oil

Living in Thailand it seems impossible to get Kingtech oil.
Do you have a representative in Thailand who can deliver?

sompop 09-06-2016 02:00 AM

All very well advocating your product is the best but you also have to make it available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sompop 09-15-2016 05:34 PM

Why is it you are very interested in selling your engines but not in the life cycle of your engines by providing worldwide the very best of oil?
The US, Australia, Europe, etc has your oil at a deecent price, SE Asia does not even have it available.
With service like this, this will be the first and the last Kingtech turbine.
I have asked the people at Kingtech USA and given Kingtech more than enough time to answer my very simple questions, to no avail, just ea referral to their rep who apparently is not kept in the loop.
Sorry guys, unacceptable.

gunradd 09-15-2016 05:41 PM

Have you tried to call Barry? That is the best way to get things done. Call his cell.

Also their are many other oils you can use that will be OK for your engine.

sompop 09-16-2016 03:03 AM

I can get Aeroshell 560 locally, but in their list of oils to use that does not score as high as their home brew. But at least it's better than loosing the warranty thru using Aeroshell 500 which everybody else uses here.
Have sent several emails to Kingtech but no answer yet. I am sure they are very busy in the summer.

gunradd 09-16-2016 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by sompop (Post 12258198)
I can get Aeroshell 560 locally, but in their list of oils to use that does not score as high as their home brew. But at least it's better than loosing the warranty thru using Aeroshell 500 which everybody else uses here.
Have sent several emails to Kingtech but no answer yet. I am sure they are very busy in the summer.

The best thing to do is to get in touch with Barry. He his the one that ships the oil. Also I used aeroshell 560 in my engines for a while with no issues. So you are good their but you are right the kingtech oil is better. Also you are right about aeroshell 500 is nasty and stay away from it. Its nasty for all brand of turbines not just kingtechs but other manufactures dont advise against it.

sompop 09-16-2016 04:15 AM

Thank you Sir for the advise.

gunradd 09-16-2016 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by sompop (Post 12258213)
Thank you Sir for the advise.

no problem glad I could help.

flejter1 09-16-2016 02:06 PM

6 Attachment(s)
sompop,

There are many countries we can not ship oil to, due to many reasons. It takes time for Barry to find a local Dealer to take the initiative to find a local oil company to mix our special blend and offer it locally. Aeroshell 560 has performed ok along with BP2380 & Mobile DTE. Please see pictures attached of engines using Aeroshell 500. I just received this engine in yesterday with a stuck rotor and only 600 minutes run time.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2181284http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2181285http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2181286http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2181287http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2181288http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2181289. The coking build up is so bad that it caused the rotor to stop spinning as the bearings are ruined. I hear other manufacturers are using sand blasters to remove the coking from inside their engines. That is why we banned Aeroshell 500 and I would like to see Mobile Jet II be banned as well.

Regards,

Dirk
kingtech Service

egldriver 09-16-2016 05:07 PM

Have used Mobil Jet 2 since 2005 in Ram 750-1000 and Wren 54SS (3%) on my A10 with no problems. Also am running K140 on kt oil. Is the Mobil an across the board concern or brand specific

flejter1 09-16-2016 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by egldriver (Post 12258429)
Have used Mobil Jet 2 since 2005 in Ram 750-1000 and Wren 54SS (3%) on my A10 with no problems. Also am running K140 on kt oil. Is the Mobil an across the board concern or brand specific

Have you seen the inside of your Wren or Ram engine after a few hours of run time using Mobile Jet II or Aeroshell 500? Just because an engine is running, doesn't mean it is running fine or to optimum performance. I have to assume it is coking up the same way the engine in the pictures has. I have spoke to a JetCat tech and he has confirmed that coking is an issue for them as well, but they just deal with it. I personally don't want to deal with it and I give this information out for you to make an educated decision on how you want to treat your $2,000-$4,000 investment.

If you go read the thread on 2 stroke oils, there are guys convinced it is ok, because it works great in their snowmobile or dirt bike and they haven't had a problem after 4-5 hrs run time on their turbine. The fact of using 2 stroke oil is, it takes about 8-10 hrs of run time for the bearings to blow out.

Mobile jet II is a very dirty oil and almost as close to Aeroshell 500, is why I am thinking about adding it to the ban list. Mobile DTE is a very clean oil but has been reported to have the bearings wear out around the 20hr mark. Mobile 254 seems to be clean as well and works pretty good for the expected life of the bearings.

Keep in mind, there is not a full scale turbine that uses turbine oil to lubricate the bearings through fuel / oil mixture like we use it. Turbine oil is made for internal gearbox lubrication and wet sump engine lubrication. We, in the hobby have jet engines and assume all turbine oil is ok to use because we have a miniature turbine engine and the can says Turbine oil. If it's good enough for the big engines, it should work on our small engines, WRONG!!

After compiling data on what oils are doing what, I brought the coking issue to Barry. Barry went to an oil company and talked to one of the Chemical Engineers and explained our needs, what we have been using and that is when KingTech Special Blend was born. Our oil is the ONLY oil on the market that was specifically designed to be used in a fuel / oil mix, to be consumed while lubricating the bearings at the temperatures our engines run at.

Hope that sheds some light for you,

Dirk
KingTech Service

sompop 09-17-2016 05:26 AM

TO DIRK

http://www.victorymgroup.com/products/aeroshell-oils/
website of a Bangkok based company. They should have Shell Tellus 32 to which you can add your additives. That took me 5 minutes to find on the net.
I just ordered 2 quarts of Aeroshell 560 thru ebay from the U.S. and guess what... they are under way to Thailand. I hope you show these pictures to your reps everywhere as they keep on pushing Aeroshell 500 as the users are convinced it doesn't harm the turbine and is reasonably cheap (penny-wise and pound foolish)
Just got word from your rep in Thailand that he will deliver Kingtech oil, so it can be done after all. Many Thanks.
One more reason to use Kingtech oil would be , your engines run at an average 100 degrees C (EGT source AUG/SEPT 2016 page 70-71 of RCJ magazine) lower than any other on the market with comparable thrust.
As you said :
Our oil is the ONLY oil on the market that was specifically designed to be used in a fuel / oil mix, to be consumed while lubricating the bearings at the TEMPERATURES our engines run at.

sompop 09-24-2016 03:01 AM

The oil arrived, what I got is KINGTECH TURBINE OIL CONCENTRATE; I have sent you guys emails but nobody seems interested in giving me an answer on how to mix it up to make your special blend. My engine will be sold and that will be the last dealings with Kingtech. The engine may be very good but the support sure as hell is not. My advise stick with the European brands.

gunradd 09-24-2016 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by sompop (Post 12261029)
The oil arrived, what I got is KINGTECH TURBINE OIL CONCENTRATE; I have sent you guys emails but nobody seems interested in giving me an answer on how to mix it up to make your special blend. My engine will be sold and that will be the last dealings with Kingtech. The engine may be very good but the support sure as hell is not. My advise stick with the European brands.

All it takes is a simple phone call my friend. Barry is away at a flying event and cant check emails but will pick up the phone....... I would help you if I could.

sompop 09-25-2016 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by gunradd (Post 12261038)
All it takes is a simple phone call my friend. Barry is away at a flying event and cant check emails but will pick up the phone....... I would help you if I could.

Took your advise but send him an sms to his phone, with all the time difference don't want to call and wake someone up on a Sunday of all days. Hope I get an answer this time.

sompop 09-26-2016 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by sompop (Post 12261329)
Took your advise but send him an sms to his phone, with all the time difference don't want to call and wake someone up on a Sunday of all days. Hope I get an answer this time.

Had a phonecall from Mr. Barry Hou promising Kingtech Turbine Oil in Thailand by next month. Mr. Mao Olesen, his rep in Thailand, will take care of it. All is well that ends well.

bruno borges 10-05-2016 01:53 PM

Hi Dirk,

You advises no trouble using Mobil DTE in the turbines? My turbines are JetCentral and JetCat.
Can I use Mobil DTE smoothly them?

Bruno

racer8297 10-06-2016 04:55 AM

Bruno,

You can use Mobile DTE Light but it shortens the service interval on the Kingtechs.

egldriver 10-06-2016 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by flejter1 (Post 12258448)
Have you seen the inside of your Wren or Ram engine after a few hours of run time using Mobile Jet II or Aeroshell 500? Just because an engine is running, doesn't mean it is running fine or to optimum performance. I have to assume it is coking up the same way the engine in the pictures has. I have spoke to a JetCat tech and he has confirmed that coking is an issue for them as well, but they just deal with it. I personally don't want to deal with it and I give this information out for you to make an educated decision on how you want to treat your $2,000-$4,000 investment.

If you go read the thread on 2 stroke oils, there are guys convinced it is ok, because it works great in their snowmobile or dirt bike and they haven't had a problem after 4-5 hrs run time on their turbine. The fact of using 2 stroke oil is, it takes about 8-10 hrs of run time for the bearings to blow out.

Mobile jet II is a very dirty oil and almost as close to Aeroshell 500, is why I am thinking about adding it to the ban list. Mobile DTE is a very clean oil but has been reported to have the bearings wear out around the 20hr mark. Mobile 254 seems to be clean as well and works pretty good for the expected life of the bearings.

Keep in mind, there is not a full scale turbine that uses turbine oil to lubricate the bearings through fuel / oil mixture like we use it. Turbine oil is made for internal gearbox lubrication and wet sump engine lubrication. We, in the hobby have jet engines and assume all turbine oil is ok to use because we have a miniature turbine engine and the can says Turbine oil. If it's good enough for the big engines, it should work on our small engines, WRONG!!

After compiling data on what oils are doing what, I brought the coking issue to Barry. Barry went to an oil company and talked to one of the Chemical Engineers and explained our needs, what we have been using and that is when KingTech Special Blend was born. Our oil is the ONLY oil on the market that was specifically designed to be used in a fuel / oil mix, to be consumed while lubricating the bearings at the temperatures our engines run at.

Hope that sheds some light for you,

Dirk
KingTech Service

Thanks for the info. I'm sure it clarified questions for many pilots. My Wrens have 10 hours of run time and now Wren recommend s 5% oil instead of 3. Will running the kt oil be better for them going forward. Seems like it would be

Lynn

sompop 03-10-2017 02:47 AM

Well had a cracking holiday flying among other things in Thailand. Flew the K60G with serial number 355 for over an hour on Shell Vpower diesel and Aeroshell 560. No problems whatsoever. The rep in Thailand claims he has Kingtech oil but apparently only for the happy few. No calls were answered, he actually blocked my number as he is of the opinion that in an internet era the customer should only ask info directly from him and not on a forum. I tried emailing and LINE. No answers or blocked. With reps like that.... Anyway I am very pleased with the K60G and would buy locally more but with this rep I see myself going for other brands. I will check the turbine in myself to the factory in Taiwan when it has it's hours for a cleanup.