Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Balsa USA Taube 40 help and Discussion

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Balsa USA Taube 40 help and Discussion

Old 11-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Daryl_y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balsa USA Taube 40 help and Discussion

Just getting started this Balsa USA Taube 40 kit, The leading edge of the "bent" part of the wing needs to follow the taper of the ribs down to the 1/4" thick wing tip pieces. I am having a hard time getting my head around what this is supposed to look like when it is finished. If any one out there could post a few pics of their Tabue wing (near the wing tip) I would appreciate it.

My impression of this kit so far is quite good, the quality of the wood is excellent and it should make a very impressive model when finished. One thing I never realized until I got the kit home and looked at the plans is that its 62" wing span is absolutely huge compared to size of the fuselage. I plan on powering mine with a OS .35AX 2 stroke which should provide plenty of power.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:40 PM
stefanP
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Balsa USA Taube 40 help and Discussion

Daryl, sand from the last wing rib to the bent trailing edge.It will go down at a angle.Understand? I built the 90 size.So I know.Magnum 30 4stroke is what this plane needs or a 40stroke mounted inverted.Looking great.
stefanP
Old 12-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Daryl_y

Sorry its been about a week since I have been able to get on RCU. I did however get some building done this week here is a progress report. I gave up on trying to interpret the instructions and just shapped the leading edge how I though it should look. Please post some pics of your Taube's

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85529.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1530311  
Old 12-12-2010, 11:04 AM
stefanP
My Feedback: (2)

I don't have any pictures of my taube.Way back(10yrs agao) .But the wing looks GREAT[8D].Keep up the great work.
stefanP
Old 05-07-2014, 08:08 AM
RyanNX211

one thing that seemed odd from the instructions was the wing joining. Are they suggesting only blocking up and beveling one wing panel 1 1/4"? I guess it would work but seems lazy. I'd block each side up half that