Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Sukhoi 29 M.A.N. Plans-Builders ???

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sukhoi 29 M.A.N. Plans-Builders ???

Old 02-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sukhoi 29 M.A.N. Plans-Builders ???

There were several people her that had plans to build the Sukhoi 29 from M.A.N. plans. Rick let me know of the sale on all there plans so I decided it was time to build another one. It will be a couple more weeks before I do the figuring of the wood and place my order but while I was just out in the shop going through my stack of papers looking for something I ran across the building article from 96 that was included in the plans of the last one I built, MAN no longer does that. The photos are worthless and like all building articles they don't help a great deal but anyone wanting it I will scan it into a file for anyone that needs it.
Builders of these plans only, sending out files just because, takes a lot of time so please, SU 29 builders only!!
Gene
Old 02-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sukhoi 29 M.A.N. Plans-Builders ???

Gene I got the plans couple weeks ago and would really appreciate the file for the Sukhoi. Not sure how soon I can start, still have the GB Sukhoi in bare bones to finish, but have finally figured out the scheme for colors and well also use them on the MAN Sukhoi but would like to paint the MANinstead of using Ultracoat if it would add a lot of weight..
I looked over the plans and really like the lines of the round fuse and the balsa cowl ahh heck I like the looks of the whole plane..
Old 02-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Sukhoi 29 M.A.N. Plans-Builders ???

Robbie, if you lack sheeting skills you will have them in bunches when you are done with this one. The finish weight of this plane is so light it wouldn't know if you sheeted it completely and glassed it!! Tex covering is another way to go. My debate I have been having with myself is the engine choice. I still have the Brison 40cc I used last time plus I still have a very high performance RCS 1.40 22cc. I just can't make up my mind. The 40 is a bit heavy and the RCS is about the same weight of a four stroke 1.20. I have even thought of building two of them at the same time?? I still have the canopy and LG from my last one. It's just a really nice flying plane and a fun build. I will make a file and send the stuff to you tomorrow.
Gene