Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

WHERE TO BUY CHEAP RC FITTINGS

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

WHERE TO BUY CHEAP RC FITTINGS

Old 01-18-2012, 11:44 AM
ratshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHERE TO BUY CHEAP RC FITTINGS

Have you folks found a place to buy less expensive RC parts like the nylon EX connectors or the brass EZ connectors used on the servo arm? I tried RL and they don't have them Tower wants a buck fifty for 4 nylon connectors. Thats just too much for so small of a part. I really like to buy in bulk when I can. So do you have any good souces for RC fittings?
Old 01-18-2012, 02:23 PM
aussiesteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHERE TO BUY CHEAP RC FITTINGS

Yep - there are a couple of ways.

Quickest way
Look up the manufacturers site. They often have bulk quantities available (e.g. I buy my Robart hinges in lots of 100) Tower, Horizon etc often have the bulk qty packages available also - an e-mail to them goes a long way.

(38 cents for a connector isn't really that bad when you are buying small qtys at retail level.)

More "long term" way
Get a building and register a business name that indicates it is a hobby shop. Then apply to the supliers such as DuBro, Sullivan, Robart etc to purchase direct. You will get wholesale pricing this way. There will of course be Minimum Order qty's involved in many cases.

It really depends on what you mean by buying in "bulk". How much money would you be prepared to have laying idle in stock that moves slowly?

Final suggestion
You could risk lower quality and buy from an overseas supplier too. Use the search engines (Google is one that works) and type in the item you want with the phrase "Cheapest price" - somethign may come up. (I haven't tried it for a long time as I discovered the benefits in spending on the known brands through known suppliers).