Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Balsa USA 1/4 scale CUB Motor Size

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Balsa USA 1/4 scale CUB Motor Size

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 01:12 AM
David Gladwin

Received 144 Likes on 93 Posts

Ah, yes but it sounds beautiful !
Old 12-04-2019, 09:12 AM
pancake
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 busa plans designer

i found several plans that are very similar , was wondering if the busa kit was adopted plans wise from somewhere else like bud nosen? Trying to figure where to mount the os 120 for now then might chg to a gas motor later. my 1/4 scale BUSA cub is a original plans kit- built hand me down.

Last edited by pancake; 12-04-2019 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:35 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pancake
i found several plans that are very similar , was wondering if the busa kit was adopted plans wise from somewhere else like bud nosen? (snip).
Well, the Cub is one of the most modeled airplanes in the world, and there's only so many ways you can build a Cub!

Old 01-20-2022, 06:27 AM
Neuhausr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

s3nfo, Your L-4 is absolutely gorgeous! I have started to build mine from the J3 kit using purchased L-4 plans. Your photos have inspired me to continue on with this conversion.
Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rad

Last edited by Neuhausr; 01-20-2022 at 06:31 AM.
Old 01-20-2022, 03:19 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, a couple things spring to mind. It's a nice, easy build, I've had 3 so far and enjoyed building all 3 of them. As you can see I started with the stock wire landing gear and ABS cowl. Don't recommend either, bit of an expense, but the aftermarket Robart gear and a fiberglass cowl are well worth the money.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:24 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by s3nfo
Well, the Cub is one of the most modeled airplanes in the world, and there's only so many ways you can build a Cub!
If you look at some of the ARF CUBs you will discover there are quite a few different ways to build a CUB! Far more than I would have imagined and I have to admit I see ideas I would never have considered being what I would call a conventional old school type. If I was designing a big CUB today, I would gladly copy some of the newer ideas. I have long thought that kits like the BUSA and SIG are long overdue for redesign incorporating some newer techniques which could greatly reduce the parts count and workload to build a CUB. I've build several CUBs over the years and I can't say that any of them were easy builds .... the word tedious comes to mind though. But I do love CUBs! And yes, I know I'm responding to a post from 2019 but still a legitimate subject.
Old 01-23-2022, 10:01 PM
bryanmiick

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

sig kits both with OS GT22 and top notch dummy engines with aluminum eyebrows

cowl is split to fit around dummy engine similar to real plane, design from cub den website

firewall is moved back 1" for GT22 engine, fits almost completely in cowl