Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

M.A.N. Air Age plans sale

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

M.A.N. Air Age plans sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default M.A.N. Air Age plans sale

I just got an email from Rickster and was informed M.A.N. plans is having a 50% off sale on there plans for the big weekend. Good time to stock up. I have a couple of planes on my wish list and now is the time to get the plans.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:56 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: M.A.N. Air Age plans sale

Do you have a link to their website ??

Karol
Old 07-03-2012, 11:40 AM
kgibson4
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the plans page:

http://www.airagestore.com/plans/rc-planes.html
Old 07-03-2012, 04:10 PM
RICKSTUBBZ

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Well, like I told Gene, a two for one sell means I bought twice as much as I should......
Old 07-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Rick W
My Feedback: (20)

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered several sets I have been wanting for sometime.

Rick
Old 07-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Gray Beard

I just finished placing my order. I have some very old catalogs from when M.a.n. used to publish there plans every year so we could cut them out and have them on hand, the prices have gone up some and one I tried to buy is no longer available? I only ordered two sets. The Old-Timer Satyr I will build for a friend, may build myself one too, a very cool old design and perfect for my new electric motor and ESC I just bought. I bought the Fokker D-VIII for myself, a 98 inch wing. Calls for a 2.4 gasser and I just happen to have a nice Brison 2.4 in need of a plane.
Between the two I'm building now and the kit that will be up on the bench next I have a lot of building to do in the next year or two. This is a good thing!!!
Gene
What plans are the rest of you buying?? This sale is too good to pass up!!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:43 AM
jrcaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a set for the Giant Sopwith Camel yesterday, along with a couple of books. The sale is for plans, books, and dvd's.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:50 AM
kgibson4
My Feedback: (4)

Before I got "retired", I worked for Bombardier, the parent company of Canadair. Because we took our business jets to shows that also brought in planes from the Learjet, Canadair and DeHavilland branches, I got a tour of the CL-415 by the demonstrator pilot. I really like these water bombers so I ordered plans for the CL-215. I have a pair of engines that should work nicely in it.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:09 AM
jrcaster

Went back last night and ordered the Ultimate Bipe, Little Toot, and the Skybolt.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Gray Beard

I had to look up the 415, very cool looking twin and I have never seen anyone build or fly it.
I tried to order the Supermarine S-6B08691 and it came up as not being located?? in my magazine clip out book it is right next to the Ziroli Taube, I was going to order both and go electric with them but when I couldn't get the one I decided against the other?
If I had deeper pockets I would have also gotten the JU87, the Hots Bipe and the Ultimate Bipe.
Truth be told if I had the bucks I would have ordered about a dozen more sets. As it is my wife gave me that LOOK!!!
I was even looking at boats and noticed a buggy of some sort.
Just so much candy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 09:38 AM
GaryHarris

Hey Guys. Do this plans come with a bill of material and instructions?

Thanks.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:16 PM
jrcaster

Oh No! Not "the look".
Old 07-05-2012, 02:23 PM
RICKSTUBBZ

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

ORIGINAL: GaryHarris

Thanks.
Hey Gary,

Generally speaking that would be a no. Sometimes you can get a hold of a copy of the original build article.

But bill of material as in how much wood to buy......never seen that. Sure the information is there as to how many ribs R1 and R2 and R3 you will need. The profiles of the needed ribs, bulk heads, and what not are there.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:44 PM
GaryHarris

ORIGINAL: RICKSTUBBZ

ORIGINAL: GaryHarris

Thanks.
Hey Gary,

Generally speaking that would be a no. Sometimes you can get a hold of a copy of the original build article.

But bill of material as in how much wood to buy......never seen that. Sure the information is there as to how many ribs R1 and R2 and R3 you will need. The profiles of the needed ribs, bulk heads, and what not are there.
Thanks Rick. I guess this one comes with instructions, not that I really use them when building kits.

http://www.airagestore.com/plans/rc-...hy-winner.html

Think Ill try this one for my first scratch build.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Gray Beard

Hey Gary, the Man plans used to all come with a copy of the original build article but not too long ago they quit doing that. They did help a little sometimes but not all that much. You couldn't see any of the photos at all. As for the materials, never. For me that is the hardest part of a build. I sit in my living room with the plans on the floor and a cat or two walking across them or laying on them. I have a pencil and paper that I just start doing the figuring on. No mater how good at it I become I always forget or miss something. I also do a double wood order, that way in the future I have a great wood supply. I have been known to build a few planes without ever ordering any wood at all.
The first two digits of the order number tell you the month the plans were in the magazine, the next two the year. You can get the back issue sometimes or if you subscribe you may look the build up on there web site and down load it.
Sites like fiberglass specialties often have things like the cowls and canopy's, even landing gears. If they don't show them then often a phone call will get you what you need.
On some plans they will tell you to get the cowl at someplace like ACE that hasn't been in operation in years but FGS and other glass places usually have what you need.
If it's a plane like an Extra or something madde in ARF these days I will look around for an ARF about the same size as what I am building and often get glass and plastic parts from them. Often way cheaper too!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 03:35 PM
GaryHarris

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

Hey Gary, the Man plans used to all come with a copy of the original build article but not too long ago they quit doing that. They did help a little sometimes but not all that much. You couldn't see any of the photos at all. As for the materials, never. For me that is the hardest part of a build. I sit in my living room with the plans on the floor and a cat or two walking across them or laying on them. I have a pencil and paper that I just start doing the figuring on. No mater how good at it I become I always forget or miss something. I also do a double wood order, that way in the future I have a great wood supply. I have been known to build a few planes without ever ordering any wood at all.
The first two digits of the order number tell you the month the plans were in the magazine, the next two the year. You can get the back issue sometimes or if you subscribe you may look the build up on there web site and down load it.
Sites like fiberglass specialties often have things like the cowls and canopy's, even landing gears. If they don't show them then often a phone call will get you what you need.
On some plans they will tell you to get the cowl at someplace like ACE that hasn't been in operation in years but FGS and other glass places usually have what you need.
If it's a plane like an Extra or something madde in ARF these days I will look around for an ARF about the same size as what I am building and often get glass and plastic parts from them. Often way cheaper too!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Gene. After thinking about it and my limited free time, these may not be worth it to me. I'll pay the higher price for kits and what's a shame is, it's my employer that's eating up all the balsa wood. [:'(] Not my division though.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Gray Beard

Gary, it takes me a few hours to cut a kit even in my own shop. Once you look oveer your plans you will notice a plane kit only uses a few sizes of wood. But if your too busy to build your own then shop around. Wait until you see towers new prices on kits!!! For old school patten type planes {Bridi} goggle up Blue Jay kits. They have some great stuff and there prices are outstanding!! But you better hurry before they go up too!!
Old 07-05-2012, 04:17 PM
GaryHarris

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

Gary, it takes me a few hours to cut a kit even in my own shop. Once you look oveer your plans you will notice a plane kit only uses a few sizes of wood. But if your too busy to build your own then shop around. Wait until you see towers new prices on kits!!! For old school patten type planes {Bridi} goggle up Blue Jay kits. They have some great stuff and there prices are outstanding!! But you better hurry before they go up too!!
I live in a small apartment that doesn't appreciate table saws.

I have a couple of kits laying around that should keep me busy for awhile.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:02 PM
icegs

I picked up a the Howard Ike, and Howard Mr. Mulligan. It's going to be a while before I start cutting, but I've had my eyes on these ones (and more) for years! I found an issue with the Mr. Mulligan build article on eBay quite a while ago. The article is next to useless as far as building is concerned, but the pictures of the finished plane are great motivation!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Mooney_driver

Looks like the 50% off plan prices was just until July 5th but Idid order a few plans before they went back up. Ialso took the time to order a couple plans from Carstens Flying Models magazine.

ORIGINAL: kgibson4

Here's the plans page:

http://www.airagestore.com/plans/rc-planes.html
Old 07-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Love To build
My Feedback: (30)

I picked up 5 (Super Hots, F4D, Hellcat, Small OV10 Bronco, and small AT6). Then went back the next day and bought 3 more ( Super hots bipe, Giant OV10 Bronco, and Regular hots). They have to have another sale. I got 4 more on my wish list. Got to hit Flying models and RCM. Hope for sales there too.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:06 AM
Iron Bottom

If I'm not mistaken, they also have the plans on sale sometime around Christmas.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Gray Beard

They had a sale around the holidays last year but it wasn't 50% off. I got a set last year for my Sukhoi 29 while on sale.
I have the original article on the Super Hots on file so LTB, send a PM to me with your email address.
I have the plans for one of the Howards out in the shop? Looked like a pain in th butt to build and it wasn't the one I wanted. Some do look better then others!
I tried to send the build file to Rick the other day but my original hotmail account on my table top is messed up, I will be using my wifes email account to send the file.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Nergall

Check the scale on them. They've been fairly bad about re-scaling the plans.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Gray Beard

ORIGINAL: Nergall

Check the scale on them. They've been fairly bad about re-scaling the plans.
Mine have been fine but with plans they are what they are, if they are off a bit no problem. If they are still using a blue line machine then they have to be correct to the original. I forgot to ask if they have the new machines like Kinko's uses?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.