Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

New Builder just join the forum!!

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

New Builder just join the forum!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 10:27 AM
smithcreek
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Builder just join the forum!!

First this:

ORIGINAL: builder8319
I am a top builder of some of the best flying birds out there...
Then this:

-But I see alot of you are stuck on yourself...

-Second, I see it all the time that everyone that flys a R/C Plane or does some work is an "EXPERT"

-Third, I am not a bit impressed with people that think they are better than others.
Chris, I have to assume the irony is lost on you?

I would put My kit builds up against anyones...
That's just embarrassing to even read. Any time I think I'm even half way decent at building a quick trip to RCSB and my hats fit again.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:38 AM
builder8319

If you read my web site I built alot of ARF!!! DUH!! I can ship a one piece wing and the plane by Pilot Air Fregight for $75 from Greenville Airport to LAX, That not Bad for shipping!! As I also stated on my site I do so many I do Not Have time to take a phot of all of them Only ones that I felt was A Mile stone for me ANd If you read the site wich i see you dont I do Test fly each one I build And I run the engines On A stand Before I mount it to the Plane.

Again You all jumped the gun Thinking I was a Kit Builder I am A full time Pro Builder of ARF's And I also do Custom work to them Like Adding a drop door in the bottom, Adding Smoke tanks to ARF, And even Puting working detail Running lights on them. ECT. I do build STick Kit builds from time to time And I charge $650 + for That!

But I do This As a Living and Yes I get a lot of ARF's In to be built there are 5 other people on the internet that do the same thing I do And People send them There ARF to have it built as They may have got one for christmas, and Have no clue How to put one together or how to setup the servos, or install a engine or fuel tank ect Thats why there are people like me To do that.

There is one guy On the web that puts togeather ARF's And he charges $375 for any size ARF and his shipping is about $200 by UPS Freight!!!

I just built a Extra 260 Nitro with a 55" wing and it is boxed up and will ship out tomorrow to a guy in AZ the shipping By PilotAir is $102.50 and the fee to build was $125.00 the customer got it for his Birthday and had no itead it had to be built until he open the box. he thought it was RTF But He sent me the kit and engine and servos and his TX & RX And All total he will have about $450 in the whole thing. Not to bad, You cant buy a brand new one RTF For that!!! Now can you Unless you are a dealer and get it at wholesale.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:40 AM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

Let's see - 300 ARFs - the bigger ones are $150 a piece, that makes $ 45,000 per year - are the 6 workers legal ?

We have heard a lot of BS, this is not a bit impressive

Old 01-01-2013, 10:45 AM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: builder8319

First i would Like to Say I am on alot of web sites, and I have seen just about everything you can throw in, But I see alot of you are stuck on yourself,

Second, I see it all the time that everyone that flys a R/C Plane or does some work is an ''EXPERT'' . I have years of doing this as a living!

Third, I am not a bit impressed with people that think they are better than others.

And for everyones inf, I did not make my web site I had a College kid do it for me as that is what he wants to do when he gets out, But YES I Agree, He needs help with his spelling!!!!!!!! So I am going to do it my self!

Also Just because I live in a small town does not mean there is no work. I get in 3-6 kits a week from all across the USA & Canada!!! So Before you think I am a scammer get the facts! Thats whats wrong with this country in the first place, people shoot somebody, then the news says the person is off his meds and a freak then it turns out it was people that bullied him that made him do it! (Think About it) People always jump the gun and speak before they know all the facts.

I can say I am a full time Builder of some of the best Model R/C airplanes in the southeast, I have shown off my work from 3D Pilots to shows like Perry,GA Swap Meet. And Fun Fly Events across the USA.

If you have nice things to say I am open But please keep you Unknown Fact to yourself as then it make you not look good!

I will have my site fix by myself and will keep you posted.

Chris Campbell RC Builder
I just have to ask, if you are a well known builder, why haven't I ever heard of you? Why is there not any of your satisfied customers jumping in on this to help you out? I am just curious.

Bob
Old 01-01-2013, 10:51 AM
tkline

I just have to ask, If you are a well known builder, why haven't I ever heard of you? Why is there not any of your satisfied customers jumping in on this to help you out? I am just curious.

Bob
[/quote]

I was wandering the same thing!
Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 AM
OliverJacob

Still expensive.
I just put an ARF together

http://www.valuehobby.com/airplanes/...rt-46-arf.html

This one is less them $100 shipped. Take a few hours and goes together really nice.
Example - I have it shipped to you, not to have it shipped back and forth.

-$125 for the 'build service'
-$ 75 shipping

Now this little plane costs me $300. Hmmm.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Chris when do you have time to do model airplanes while you are doing
all of this from your magic web site:

It all started back on September 19th 1993 with just Magic shows. And over 17 years later (^) Magic By Chris has grown into the Largest ENTERTAINMENT Company in the Upstate of South Carolina. Chris Campbell Owner / Performer, Has been seen as the most recognized magician in the Upstate for his Amazing Magic Shows. And he performs more than 375 shows each year all across the USA! Chris Has performed on TV, Cruise Ships, And In 17 Countries, He is only 28 years old, And loves what he does. He was voted "South Carolina's top booked magician" For 6 years in a row by the Readers of the " Upstate Parent Magazine" He offers a full line of Entertainment services, And is here to serve you! and all of the USA! Magic By Chris Entertainment ,LLC offers : Magic Shows, Magic Classes, Balloon Artist, Face Painting, Santa Claus, Juggling, Event Photography, Carnival Games! And much more! For all of your entertainment needs come see Chris! and unlike other entertainers we will never be late!... We are always on time!

When Chris is not Performing, You will find him Doing Photography for Weddings, Portraits, & more. And working in his Gunsmith Shop, fixing & building Guns for law enforcement and hunters.He also is a Pilot and enjoys flying[hr]. He Also enjoys Sport Deep sea big game Fishing, Big Game Hunting, And Playing the Electric Guitar & Bass Guitar at local events.

and the gun smithing: http://www.gunsmithing.8m.com/

If you have time and are doing so well with all of this why come on to RCU and blow your horn, and then get all bent out of shape when people have that have been here for years call you out........Another thing fella your AMA number show that you have only recently joined the AMA say with in the last 2-3 years, your number 996766........
Old 01-01-2013, 11:04 AM
OliverJacob

Looks like he is a universal genius. As a 'professional photographer' you'd expect him being able to take some pictures of his 'work'
But 'magician' sounds about right.

First I didn't believe in the 'scammer' theory but now it looks a lot like 'I take your money and run with it' .

Nice try, but not very well thought out.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:05 AM
KaP2011
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bill Diedrich

Chris when do you have time to do model airplanes while you are doing
all of this from your magic web site:

It all started back on September 19th 1993 with just Magic shows. And over 17 years later (^) Magic By Chris has grown into the Largest ENTERTAINMENT Company in the Upstate of South Carolina. Chris Campbell Owner / Performer, Has been seen as the most recognized magician in the Upstate for his Amazing Magic Shows. And he performs more than 375 shows each year all across the USA! Chris Has performed on TV, Cruise Ships, And In 17 Countries, He is only 28 years old, And loves what he does. He was voted "South Carolina's top booked magician" For 6 years in a row by the Readers of the " Upstate Parent Magazine" He offers a full line of Entertainment services, And is here to serve you! and all of the USA! Magic By Chris Entertainment ,LLC offers : Magic Shows, Magic Classes, Balloon Artist, Face Painting, Santa Claus, Juggling, Event Photography, Carnival Games! And much more! For all of your entertainment needs come see Chris! and unlike other entertainers we will never be late!... We are always on time!

When Chris is not Performing, You will find him Doing Photography for Weddings, Portraits, & more. And working in his Gunsmith Shop, fixing & building Guns for law enforcement and hunters.He also is a Pilot and enjoys flying[hr]. He Also enjoys Sport Deep sea big game Fishing, Big Game Hunting, And Playing the Electric Guitar & Bass Guitar at local events.
Wow, all that and he still has time to throw together 300 ARF's a year.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:08 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just can't get over the grammar personally.
From the website to the posts here it all reads like Asian ARF speak.

Yes, I bumble a post up once in a while, especially after spending a lot of time in the shop with too much to drink but so far I'm looking at 100% of the communication being poorly written.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:17 AM
OliverJacob

I do not think the name is even real. Scam for sure. I hope RCU get the IP address and can do something about it.

Google the name and you'll find it being used for all sorts of scam.

If he works on 300 planes every year, someone here would have heard about him.
No references, 'no time to take pictures' and the poor spelling sets off some red flags here.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:18 AM
ARUP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck to you! I can certainly see business may start booming since not many people can read plans and build kits any more. If the trend continues the ability to assemble ARF 'kits' will become problematic for 'the masses'! FWIW- you really need to use correct grammar and proper spelling, especially in your adverts. The 'dumbing down' of America is alarming!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:29 AM
ovationdave
My Feedback: (16)

Its not April 1st already is it?
Old 01-01-2013, 11:49 AM
cublover
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Chris, learn anything? Make up a new nickname, come back in and talk to folks, and have fun! This place just loves to pounce on people who just blast in like you did! I have been building and putting together arfs for a long time! My latest is a scratch built Spacewalker you seen in the pic that I built from enlarged sig plans. I have been building it since Oct. And its just about done, I have done it all, paint included. I would NEVER come onto a site and do what you did. You were an easy target. There are some guys on this site who have tonsssssss more talent than I do, and I never forget that. Some ,,,,no most of us old time builders/ ARFers know and see Bull**** when it is laid in front of us!!!!!!

Like I said, try again, and be subtle,,,,works better, and then offer your service as a suggestion... Do it like this,,," You need help with that? ! I build on the side..." I hope this helps Chris, im sure your an OK guy!!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Neddy191
My Feedback: (2)

I don't think English is Chris's first language. His posts sound just like his website, misspelled with poor grammar.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:14 PM
alltumbs

Chris ....... Thanks, that's the best laugh I've had all year !!! Some buddy is going to need a bigger box of band aids.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For a scam this is even sad. Someone posting in a kit builders forum and doesn't even know the difference between building something and assembling something. Really takes a lot of pride in gluing assembled part A to assembled part B? It would be nice to hear from a customer, even just one.
I guess when you assemble so many ARFs in a year you even start to speak and write in Chinglish?
PLEASE, just one customer that has used this BUILDER? Speak up. PLEASE, one person that has ever read in any magazine anything about this person, speak up.
This is Jan. 1st and not April 1st isn't it?
Too busy to take a photo after an assembly?? Perhaps he can have one of the fast 6 snap a few photos?
At least it's funny. Of all the forums to try to post BS and a scam like this.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:09 PM
smithcreek
My Feedback: (25)

double post
Old 01-01-2013, 01:14 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Building is what I like about this hobby. But good luck anyway!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:16 PM
tkline

What do you want to bet that if some of his satisfied customers start chimming in that they will have the same grammar issues !
Old 01-01-2013, 01:21 PM
OliverJacob

Yeah, Iwas waiting for that. And him copying some pictures and claim them as his planes.

His 'customer' probably has the same address and phone number...
Old 01-01-2013, 01:31 PM
mniesen89

What's sad about this guy is that he probably has taken someone's money that's new to the hobby like myself. It makes more angry then anything to know peoplelike this steal.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:38 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

He's guilty of rabid self-promotion at this point, so saying he's a thief is a stretch. You'll be the one with egg on his face if it's proven otherwise. 

Let's all ratchet it down a notch, maybe wait 5 minutes before hitting 'OK'. 
Old 01-01-2013, 01:41 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He must really be MAGICAL, he performs 300 days out of the year all over the country and still "assembles" 300 ARFs a year. And in his spare time he's a professional photographer. Well, you would think that being a professional photographer he would have at time to take a few photographs with his browning one shot.

He claims he's in his forties, been building planes since he was 19 ( 20 yrs building) and he's had an AMA license for almost 3 years and over those 20 years, no one has heard of him.

Do we see something that's not adding up?

So, if we are as stupid as he thinks we are, we would be lining up to send him our kits and our money. Any takers?

I DIDN'T THINK SO! !

Frank

Old 01-01-2013, 01:48 PM
goirish

Hey I'm a professional builder of RTF's. I put the batteries in the transmitter. I do good work!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.