Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Phoenix giles g 202 one piece or 2 piece wing

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Phoenix giles g 202 one piece or 2 piece wing

Old 05-20-2013, 02:37 PM
gbfan
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Phoenix giles g 202 one piece or 2 piece wing

Does anyone know ? it looks like a mid wing plane is the wing removable for travel?
Thanks David
How is this kit I like the price but I am a little afraid of the wing issue .Let me know your thoughts
Old 05-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Campgems

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Phoenix giles g 202 one piece or 2 piece wing

The wing is a one piece wing, per the talking points on Tower. However, if you look at the photo closely, it looks as if the wing and belly pan under the wing are one part after assembly. The same as my FunStar was.

Ihave not seen this model, but based on mine and others experience with the Phoenix brnd planes, they are among the best built and best flying ARF's I've experienced. Ihad a FunStar and after removing the transparent wing covering and putting some solid covering on, I trully enjoyed that plane.
It probably had my record for number of flights without a repair. Two I think it was. No, just kidding a bit, I flew that plane for over a year a couple times a week before ignoring a transistion problem for to long until itbit me and the plane hard.

When I uncovered the wings and re-covered them, I couldn't find a single flaw in construction or material used.

Ihaven't flown in a couple years, but I'm thinking of another one for a return to the flight line.

Ithink you will be happy with that plane.

Don