Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

ziroli P40

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

ziroli P40

Old 05-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Tex Mike
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ziroli P40

My name is Mike and I have been building for fifty years. I recently purchased a Ziroli P 40 (94) that was cut by National balsa. I have not built anything this large with retracts, etc. Anyone that is building or has built one please give me any input on the building. problem areas, pictures under construction, retract installation, batteries size needed.
Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike
Old 05-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: ziroli P40

If you use the search engine here on RCU you may find a couple of build threads?
Old 05-29-2013, 11:42 AM
carlgrover

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

There are build threads on the Ziroli P47 (both sizes) in the Warbird section. That is one BIG plane.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Oldrcbuilder

That is one of the two Ziroli Kits I have been thinking about starting. The other being the Hellcat. I did do a search for Ziroli P 40 builds and there is not much information here. I would like to know what you think of National balsa kit, and is it the short or full kit. This may help me make up my mind.ThanksMark
Old 05-30-2013, 05:19 PM
Tex Mike
My Feedback: (2)

I just open th ziroli kit yesterday and it looks good. I is a full kit (of wood). I had to order plans, cowl and canopy from ziroli, it came in Tuesday.
Been looking for someon who has built one and has some info and pic of construction to go with it. Have not had much luck.
If you run across some info let me know..
You are welcome to call me. I live in Hunt Texas (hill country) 830.238.3478
Old 05-31-2013, 07:18 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 252 Likes on 224 Posts

I hope one or both of you will do a building thread. I know Ziroli strickly by reputation and would love to see how the airplane takes shape.