Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Ziroli 70" P-47 Build

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Ziroli 70" P-47 Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 10:40 AM
G17Staggerwing
My Feedback: (159)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ziroli 70" P-47 Build

Hello,
I just purchased the Ziroli 70" P-47 Plans and partial kit. My question is to anyone who has built this kit. I would appreciate getting a list of all the necessary wood to build the kit ( IE. Balsa, Ply, Spruce? ) So I can purchase everything at the same time.
Thanks
Nevin
G17Staggerwing
Old 08-27-2014, 07:46 AM
carlgrover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

There should be a materials list included with the instructions. If you can find someone who makes a short kit for it, I would highly recommend you buy it. All of those formers and ribs have a ton of notches that need to be cut out.

carl
Old 08-27-2014, 09:26 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by carlgrover
There should be a materials list included with the instructions.
I don't believe Ziroli offers any such list, nor instructions for that matter. At least he did not have either when I built the airplane ten years ago.

Nevin, you may get lucky and find somebody who has built the airplane and made up a materials list but, chances are, you will have to study the plans and put together a list on your own. The airplane builds a tad on the heavy side so you might consider getting some contest grade sheeting and adding some lightening holes where you can in the structure. Actually it flies fantastic despite the weight but I've always thought that it was over-built and could easily be built a couple of pounds lighter with little effort.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:56 PM
carlgrover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a set of building instructions and a complete materials list that I just dug out for the Ziroli P-47. I can make a PDF of them if you're interested.

carl
Old 05-07-2015, 08:20 PM
G17Staggerwing
My Feedback: (159)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your help! Really nice Plane!!!!!!