Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

What's up with TNT landing gear?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

What's up with TNT landing gear?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 07:20 AM
kjkavaney
My Feedback: (72)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your notes Truckracer. I totally get it and totally agree that NO ONE else is doing what Tom and crew are doing. I have had prior custom work done by TNT as well and I love the products. I am particularly in a pickle as no one else makes a landing gear for a 50 pound tow plane..Graph Tech no longer does custom work so Aluminum is the only route I have. Crossing my fingers all will work out.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:26 AM
kjkavaney

YOu are all having better luck than me. Nearly 4 months after custom order. No replies to three phone calls...
No idea now what to do, 6061 is a bit brittle if bent too harshly....5/16" thick requires a real brake and skills to do..
bummed.
kevin
Old 04-08-2017, 04:25 PM
NZjet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck, I never got any replys or product, quick to take my money and never return it though. The guys a crook. Never ever deal with them
Old 04-08-2017, 05:57 PM
kjkavaney

I had Tom make me the identical landing gear about 1.5 years ago and he did a great job and it only took about 3 weeks for a custom order. He called me when I first placed the present order, but I have not
heard anything back, I have left messages I was still wanting to purchase...he has not charged me anything, so I don't think he is dishonest, I suspect illness, or something is happening to the people who own or work at TNT....I mean nothing bad to them, I just wish I knew if is should complete my scratch built plane and if I will have a functioning landing gear or not.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:10 PM
tigermeet

Illness or no Illness, it takes all of 2 minutes to send an email letting a customer know what is going on with their order. The company could care less about their customers if they can't even have the common courtesy of letting them know if their order is held up, taking longer than normal, or what have you.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:50 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm seriously contemplating ordering a set of landing-gear for a 33% Edge. I'm hoping everything is OK with them, as I need the gear, but above all, just want to do biz with a decent supplier. I may give them a call and shake a tree and feel it out.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:09 PM
optech
My Feedback: (9)

Contact Abell Hobby http://www.abellhobby.com/category-s/363.htm They will make custom gear and even have a worksheet on their page you can use. MUCH BETTER SERVICE THAN TNT!!!

I was one of the TNT "Must be lost in the mail" customers but I NEVER received anything. Will never order from TNT again.

Mike
Old 04-30-2017, 07:34 PM
kjkavaney

Well, you are all more lucky than me. Ordered in December of 2016. no charges have been placed on me, but 3 phone calls and two emails..zero response on status...I must have pissed off someone, sorry if you are reading this..
4 months now...
I am in the process of trying to do a composite landing gear...will probably do several till I get them right...
Oh well...this is modeling...
kevin
Old 05-03-2017, 04:18 PM
kjkavaney

I must be really unlucky...been 4 months now...no response to 3 phone calls and 2 emails...I have no idea if I will ever get my custom gear....must have pissed off someone..sorry..
Am now in the process of trying to build a composite landing gear or else this new tow plane will NEVER fly...
If anyone has any ideas on how to get a good gear from anyone...let me know...kevin
Old 05-04-2017, 08:24 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by kjkavaney
I must be really unlucky...been 4 months now...no response to 3 phone calls and 2 emails...I have no idea if I will ever get my custom gear....must have pissed off someone..sorry..
Am now in the process of trying to build a composite landing gear or else this new tow plane will NEVER fly...
If anyone has any ideas on how to get a good gear from anyone...let me know...kevin
Did you read post #32 above?
Old 05-04-2017, 08:39 AM
kjkavaney

YEs....looks like they only use up to 0.25 inch 6061....I need 5/16"....but maybe they could get some material for me...
Thanks for the reminder...
Old 06-25-2017, 11:00 AM
kjkavaney

Default abell hobby excellent service

I needed a custom aluminum landing gear for another plane when I broke that Carbon FIber gear as well...
I had immediate response and quote....I paid for it via paypal and the custom gear was delivered to my door in like two weeks...WOW...
impressive work as well...
Wish they could make a 5/16" one...I will check....now pushing July and no response from TNT with an order placed in December 2016
kevin
Old 12-28-2018, 08:47 PM
n2warbirds

Default TNT Landing gear

I made a order with them about middle of October wish I didnt I ordered a simple aluninum ger (shoddy work) a pair of 4 in cub wheels a 24 oz fuel tank axles and a tailwheel bracket and wing tubes and he sent me 3 wing struts that are for 1/3 scale plane all for 326.00???? Hes a liar and a crook find a different source I wouldnt recommend him to anyone he is a ahole
Old 12-29-2018, 07:34 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by n2warbirds
I made a order with them about middle of October wish I didnt I ordered a simple aluninum ger (shoddy work) a pair of 4 in cub wheels a 24 oz fuel tank axles and a tailwheel bracket and wing tubes and he sent me 3 wing struts that are for 1/3 scale plane all for 326.00???? Hes a liar and a crook find a different source I wouldnt recommend him to anyone he is a ahole
And you've placed how many orders with them over the years?
Did you contact them about the mistake?
Do you always jump to such conclusions about people? Or is that what most people think about you?

I've never had an issue with them. And now that I live 30 minutes from them, I look forward to visiting them in person.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:04 AM
n2warbirds

Appowner Im not jumping to conclusions Im stating the facts you can see other posts same results, yes that was my first order, and last, and still as of yet didn't receive a invoice, so since you know so much, why did he charge me 326.00?, he doesn't follow up with phone calls, and he lied to me, that's not the way to treat your customer, plus the fact he sent me wing struts to a 1/3 scale plane, they cost 30.00 and I cant use them,my plane is 1/5th scale, he knew that, oh and don't forget I paid 90.00 for the aluminum gear, which wasn't drilled and I have to take back off the plane because the axles are crooked, because the axle base isn't bent straight, shoddy work and terrible customer service, in my 42 years in the r/c hobby Ive never been treated this way, what a way to run a business
Old 12-29-2018, 08:18 AM
Appowner
Banned

Been a year and a half since the last post before yours. Any company can go through rough spots. Any company can make mistakes. Your first order and you call him names. That's not jumping to conclusions? I can only imagine what you haven't told us. i.e. TNT's side of the story!

I only appear to know so much because you appear to know so little.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:58 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Back when I was managing a hobby shop I attempted to carry a few of the TNT products. Some of the popular ones, Goldberg Ultimate, Great Planes Cub etc. I would also Special order for customers. Their dealer discount was horrible but the reason why I discontinued their products was they their delivery was too unreliable. I would quote my customer the same delivery times that I was quoted when I placed the order and then had to do multiple follow up calls when that time had been expired. There were a couple times when they claimed they had inventory ready to ship but then didn't deliver for 3 weeks. Never had a complaint about quality though, just delivery.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:53 AM
Appowner
Banned

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Back when I was managing a hobby shop I attempted to carry a few of the TNT products. Some of the popular ones, Goldberg Ultimate, Great Planes Cub etc. I would also Special order for customers. Their dealer discount was horrible but the reason why I discontinued their products was they their delivery was too unreliable. I would quote my customer the same delivery times that I was quoted when I placed the order and then had to do multiple follow up calls when that time had been expired. There were a couple times when they claimed they had inventory ready to ship but then didn't deliver for 3 weeks. Never had a complaint about quality though, just delivery.
Stalking me are you? Showing up wherever and whenever I post?
Old 12-29-2018, 11:59 AM
NZjet

Originally Posted by Appowner
Been a year and a half since the last post before yours. Any company can go through rough spots. Any company can make mistakes. Your first order and you call him names. That's not jumping to conclusions? I can only imagine what you haven't told us. i.e. TNT's side of the story!

I only appear to know so much because you appear to know so little.
Nope, TNT are still ripping people off with zero communication, the old "lost in the post" trick was played on a mate not that long ago.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:07 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by Appowner
Stalking me are you? Showing up wherever and whenever I post?

Sharing an experience that is relevant to the thread topic.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:44 AM
Appowner
Banned

Originally Posted by NZjet
Nope, TNT are still ripping people off with zero communication, the old "lost in the post" trick was played on a mate not that long ago.
From Ohio to NZ and of course thee's no possibility of something getting lost?

I had an order from the UK to the east coast US show up six months later. After the store had already sent a replacement. Last HK order took 9 months.

Fact is, it happens!
Old 12-30-2018, 07:58 AM
speedracerntrixie

The " zero communication " is the part that speaks loudest. If something on backorder took 9 months and you were willing to wait would be a different situation. TNT has a long history of poor customer service.
Old 12-30-2018, 02:45 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Old thread but you might want to look at posts 23 and 25 above. Some time back Tom had serious health issues that probably left him with some disabilities. I know it is a very small mom and pop shop and like any small company, when something serious happens something has to give. In this case it seems like communications is the first to go. Its been about a year since my last order but I've sure been thankful for their products in the past. I just hope they can keep the doors open as there are so few companies like them. Our hobby use to be full of these small shops but these days, most are gone. Sad! A bit of understanding and patience might be in order here.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:10 AM
Tony Hallo

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Truckracer
I just hope they can keep the doors open as there are so few companies like them. Our hobby use to be full of these small shops but these days, most are gone. Sad! A bit of understanding and patience might be in order here.
How true and sad.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:11 PM
NZjet

Unfortunately there has been plenty of understanding. Its the complete lack of communication that's the issue. They take the money and then that's it, ZERO, its then up to you to try and get your money back through your credit card company.
health issues or not, if your going to sell a product and take people's money then make sure u communicate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.