Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Kit Built Kadet Senior Sport

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Kit Built Kadet Senior Sport

Old 04-08-2017, 02:33 PM
bigtj10
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you; I have a ESC that seemed to be getting hot and I was just trying to "bind" the receiver to the transmitter - not certain what the problem is or was. Its on a powered glider from China but what isn't from china?
Old 04-08-2017, 04:50 PM
bigtj10

I could get the throttle to work and the rudder and elevator but when I plugged in the Y-harness everything shut down; guess I could try just the Y-harness or individual ailerons but have not done so
Old 04-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Ed

The BEC included in your ESC is too small to do the job; so that when you plug in your wing servos it's failing. It's only a matter of time before you fry that BEC. For 3 or more servos, on a plane that you want to keep, you need to either select an ESC that has a higher rated BEC ( amps ), or use a separate Universal BEC. I only use the built-in BEC's on cheap 2 servo foamies. On planes that I want to keep around for awhile, I use a separate Universal BEC, and bypass the built-in BEC.

http://www.castlecreations.com/en/fi...ec-010-0004-00

Ed

Last edited by Ed; 04-09-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:19 PM
TomCrump

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know that it's been a long time, but I finally got around to performing the maiden on this Kadet.

It took off effortlessly and flew very well. Comments from the Peanut Gallery were that it looked like a full scale air plane, in flight. Since this is part of what I was going for, I was pleased with the comments.

You may remember that I removed half of the kit's down thrust, which proved to be a mistake. Down trim was sufficient for the maiden flight, but I added a couple washers worth of additional down thrust, after I brought the model back home.

Sorry, no vids. I was the youngest pilot at the field, today, at 69.This group of guys doesn't do You Tube. LOL

I'm pleased with the results of this project. I hope that it has helped to inspire a few builders to kit bash the Kadet Senior in to something entirely different than the designer's intent.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:48 PM
Flight Risk

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TomCrump View Post
I know that it's been a long time, but I finally got around to performing the maiden on this Kadet.
Wow! Is this possibly the plane you were planning to maiden in April 2015? I had to look back through the thread to find it. Good to hear it performed well.

Last edited by Flight Risk; 09-02-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:11 AM
TomCrump

Originally Posted by Flight Risk View Post
Wow! Is this possibly the plane you were planning to maiden in April 2015? I had to look back through the thread to find it. Good to hear it performed well.
Thanks.

I've fallen behind on my maiden flights. I have 5 more, some built before this Kadet, that have yet to be flown. LOL
Old 09-03-2017, 02:11 AM
TomCrump

Originally Posted by Flight Risk View Post
Thanks.

I've fallen behind on my maiden flights. I have 5 more, some built before this Kadet, that have yet to be flown. LOL
Old 09-03-2017, 06:31 AM
VincentJ

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Congratulations Tom! We never doubted it's airworthiness... It's been such a long time, that I had to go back to remind myself what it looked like!

Last edited by VincentJ; 09-03-2017 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:44 AM
TomCrump

Originally Posted by VincentJ View Post
Congratulations Tom! We never doubted it's airworthiness... It's been such a long time, that I had to go back to remind myself what it looked like!

Thanks !

Outside of the down thrust issue, she required no trim.

I adressed the down thrust, but this morning's weather prevented any flying, to see if I got it right.