Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Need Senior Telemaster aileron & flap dimensions.....

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Need Senior Telemaster aileron & flap dimensions.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 07:52 AM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Need Senior Telemaster aileron & flap dimensions.....

I'd appreciate it if anybody could give me the length and width of the ailerons and flaps on the Hobby Lobby/HobbyExpress 94" Senior Telemaster "Plus" ARF, or, from the 91.5" Senior Telemaster V2 kit. I'm guessing they both each are somewhere between 22" long and 2" wide?? Thanks.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:34 PM
rustyrivet

Ok....so then 99 people clicked on this..... but forgot to post the dimensions before they exited?
BTW; I'm the 100th visitor to my own thread, do I at least win a door prize? LOL
Old 06-26-2017, 03:22 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rustyrivet
Ok....so then 99 people clicked on this..... but forgot to post the dimensions before they exited?
It may be possible that others, like me, were just curious.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:28 PM
rustyrivet

Originally Posted by TomCrump
It may be possible that others, like me, were just curious.

Yep....all of those first 100 guys just can't be too sure what they might find inside of a thread with "0" posts titled; "Need Senior Telemaster aileron & flap dimensions" until they open it. LOL After 11 days and 118 views of this thread being inside a forum called "kit building", while hovering right on top of the "Sig Brotherhood" thread (where everybody there owns a Kadet or other trainers), NOBODY OWNS A SENIOR TELEMASTER?? Really? LOL

I decided a week ago that if at 63, I kept waiting around any longer for somebody to actually take a minute to go to his garage and be kind enough to measure it for me, I might die of old age first. So, I googled dozens of Sr.Telemaster threads and photos to compare it against my kit plans to come up with very accurate numbers; 6 1/2 wing bays for flaps (20"), and 7 1/2 bays for ailerons (23"), and 2" width.

Gee, thanks Rusty for the help! Your welcome Rusty.

Last edited by rustyrivet; 06-26-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:54 PM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rustyrivet
I decided a week ago that if at 63, I kept waiting around any longer for somebody to actually take a minute to go to his garage and be kind enough to measure it for me, I might die of old age first. So, I googled dozens of Sr.Telemaster threads and photos to compare it against my kit plans to come up with very accurate numbers; 6 1/2 wing bays for flaps (20"), and 7 1/2 bays for ailerons (23"), and 2" width.

Gee, thanks Rusty for the help! Your welcome Rusty.
That is exactly what I did when I converted my Kadet Senior to ailerons. To me, it was an obvious thing to do. No need to start a thread over something that seems so basic.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:16 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rusty, I think a lot of people use no ailerons or just ailerons, so your request for flaps and aileron DIMS may not have applied to a lot of TM owners.

For my part, my old-school TM Senior I built from the original Hobby Lobby kit gave me an option of ailerons or not, so I just used full ailerons, and it has worked very well for me.
Of course, flaps are great, but I do it with my radio by programming flaperons. In a high wind one day, I actually landed my TM vertically using programmed flaperons.

So if you would like to keep things simpler, I'll just offer that my ailerons are 35-1/2" x 2" each side.
It makes it O much simpler for the build, and programming flaperons is no more difficult than programming separate flaps anyway.

Regards