Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Midwest Aerosport 60 bolt on wing

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Midwest Aerosport 60 bolt on wing

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 10:12 AM
swify

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest Aerosport 60 bolt on wing

I recently bought an Aerosport 60 kit on ebay. Was considering converting it so the wing is held on by bolts rather than elastic bands. Anybody have some hints what the best way to do this is? Thanks
Old 02-23-2019, 09:39 AM
bolar
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you built a bolt on wing before? Use that as a reference. If not there are two ways I would go.

The first is to have two bolts in the rear of the wing, use hardwood between the ribs which your bolts will go through. To hold the leading edge down you can use dowels that go through the leading edge into the former of the fuselage. You will have to beef up that wing area, the balsa leading edge is too soft by itself to hold the wing on.

The second option is to use four nylon bolts, two in the rear and two in the front of the wing. I prefer this way of hold-down. I have had trouble in the past with the dowel method.