Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Super Kaos from Lazerworks Short Kit.

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Super Kaos from Lazerworks Short Kit.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 08:03 AM
mgnostic

Received 84 Likes on 72 Posts

Glowgeek, definitely some good info. Thanks. One of the things I miss about RCM and the old magazines were articles like these. The caller is a necessity for me. Last year was my first SPA contest and I had a hard time remembering which maneuver came next much less thinking to call them out loud.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:21 PM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well my paint pooled up in the canopy but I let it dry now I just need to glue and screw it the fuse.
Thanks Matt
Michael
Old 07-02-2019, 07:43 AM
mgnostic

Originally Posted by mkjohnston
Well my paint pooled up in the canopy but I let it dry now I just need to glue and screw it the fuse.
Thanks Matt
Michael
As long as the paint solvent didn't attack the plastic you'll be all right. The technique is to mist on a light coat, just enough to coat what you are painting but not even enough to be opaque. Let that dry for a few minutes, until it starts to get tacky. Then add successive light coats, giving the paint time to "flash off' as it says on the paint can. This just means that the light solvents have evaporated but the paint hasn't really set up. Using very light coats and letting the paint set up also helps to prevent the paint creeping under any masking tape. Building successive light layers until the paint is eventually opaque takes longer but actually uses less paint and it is much less likely to drip or sag. You only need enough of a wet coat to achieve a gloss finish on the final coat. This is if you are spraying gloss paint from a can. If you are spraying flat colors you only need enough paint to be opaque.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:24 AM
Skyhawk940

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I built a Kaos 90, Satio 120, foam wing, from plans and love the way it flys! A real joy.

Skyhawk
Sandusky, OH
Old 07-03-2019, 06:48 AM
mgnostic

Originally Posted by Skyhawk940
I built a Kaos 90, Satio 120, foam wing, from plans and love the way it flys! A real joy.

Skyhawk
Sandusky, OH
Yep, it's a good airplane. What with the various iterations of the Kaos, the different sizes and the various companies that produced kits there must be a dozen different ways to build a Kaos.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:25 PM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Matt, Your Kaos flew very well at the Lake yesterday. I was really impressed with the vertical performance of fox Eagle. it took it straight with no sag and the airplane has great wind pentraion. I need to get my ARF done and get some others kits behind it done for I can start on my non ARF TH Kaos which I think I will power with that brand new Rossi I just got.
Take care
Michael
Old 01-10-2021, 06:34 PM
orthobird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Anyone seen one of these in an electric version?
Old 01-11-2021, 08:36 AM
mgnostic

Originally Posted by orthobird
Anyone seen one of these in an electric version?
My club's president has an electrified Super Kaos. I don't have the details at hand but the conversion mostly amounted to making an appropriately sized hatch on the top front of the fuselage for the battery. I think the battery was mounted farther back than the fuel tank but it has been some months since I last looked at the airplane. One of our club members competes in Senior Pattern Association events with an electric plane.