Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Where did all the kits go?

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Where did all the kits go?

Old 03-22-2020, 06:09 AM
Vettster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think ARF's are going to become a thing of the past given that your president has now proclaimed that all manufacturing will be done on home soil.(sorry forget the term he used) It will take a while and large investment for a small company to get to the point on American soil where they can produce ARF's at an affordable price, if they can ever do it at all. Kits on the other hand is as simple as a click of the mouse and watching the laser do all the work. I sure hope you guys work out your problems with the FAA or none of this will matter at all.

I have have stockpiled a few choice kits, and if all the imports stop here in Canada as may be the case in the US..then I will build them and make molds so that any of my buddys who want one can have a kit/ARF. I honestly think your going to see a return of the kits, once you see the Chinese ARF diminish.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:07 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

I am happy to announce I just acquired an AMCO Aeromaster kit with the Aeronaster Too components included. The box look like 10 miles of bad road and the plans are a bit yellowed, creased, and fragile but the kit is buildable. Now the question is where in the queue to place it? I have worked from home since 2011 so no extra build time for me. DRAT! Still I am a lot luckier than a lot of folks so I won't complain. God looks after fools and little children!
Old 03-22-2020, 03:04 PM
airsteve172

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

FlyerInOKC,
If there's any truth to the last part of your post, I'm delighted to learn that I'm not a fool!

Last edited by airsteve172; 03-22-2020 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:58 PM
avionette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look modellstudio in Germany
Old 04-01-2020, 05:15 PM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by airsteve172 View Post
FlyerInOKC,
If there's any truth to the last part of your post, I'm delighted to learn that I'm not a fool!
Yes!
Old 04-02-2020, 01:50 PM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Mike its been awhile since I've chatted with you. I have been trying to get this TH Kaos ARF ready to fly as my time is very limited because I work nights and usally sleep all day!But I have collected some kits the last two years and I am now going to start building a 60 size ultrasport. I bought this last year thinking it was a 40 size airplane but was suprised to learn that it was a 60 size. I picked up a used OS 65 ax glow engine at a swap meet last summer and found out that someone had hit the ground pretty hard with it. There is a crack running through one of the exhaust mounting holes. I am going to try to repair it with JB weld and then see if will run. the crack doesnt appear be on the outside of the case. I also have several more glow engines most 46's and two Rossi's too.
take care
Michael Johnston
Old 04-02-2020, 07:27 PM
FlyerInOKC

Good to hear from you Mike! Let me know what happens I might have an old .61 laying around that might work. It would probably be a Super Tigre though.

Mike