Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Great Planes CA, any one use it ?

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Great Planes CA, any one use it ?

Old 03-31-2020, 08:17 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Great Planes CA, any one use it ?

well some one gave me some Great Planes thin and medium CA, I am just wondering how good it is, can I get some input on it ?

thanks guys !

Jim
Old 03-31-2020, 08:46 PM
airsteve172

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by the Wasp
well some one gave me some Great Planes thin and medium CA, I am just wondering how good it is, can I get some input on it ?

thanks guys !

Jim
While I have no personal experience using Great Planes CA, I do have a LOT of experience using CA of a lot of different brands including no-names. I use it both for hobbies and professionally on an almost daily basis. From my more than 25 years of experience using the stuff I've found little if any difference between any of them as long as they hadn't started to thicken up in the bottle.

By the way, as a big user of CA, I tend to have pretty big quantities on hand and I always store it in the refrigerator. Believe it or not, I have a bottle or two of thin CA that are perfectly fresh after being stored for more than 10 years! I've also had bottles that were in use and kept on a bench in summer temperatures that started to go bad within a month.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:52 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

I've found what airsteve has found. CA is CA no matter who makes it. And I also keep mine in the fridge.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:18 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

OK guys, thanks for the replies !! that makes me feel better LOL

Jim