Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Fieseler Storch 1/4 scale - Martin Designs

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Fieseler Storch 1/4 scale - Martin Designs

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 05:27 PM
tinchokill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fieseler Storch 1/4 scale - Martin Designs

Hi everyone! My name is Martin Wilczek from Argentina. Few month ago I started with the design of a 1/4 scale Fieseler Storch. It wingspan is about 350cm(138inchs) and the engine will be a 55cc.

About the project...I designed it from 0, using the original blueprints and real photos.

The main idea was to develop a F4C model using fully CAD techniques. For that reason I drew first a 3d model then the wood structure. I drew almost everything...engine, servos, pushrods, hinges, screws, bolts, etc. I wanted to have the complete scale model in my computer so that I had no problem at the time of assembly.

About the structure...90% of the pieces will be of poplar and cut them with laser. The most interesting thing of all is that all the pieces fit between them...it is like a puzzle. There are no plans, just multiple assembly drawings.

Everything can be assembled even without glue. I put a lot of emphasis on this building technique because the idea is to spend time in the scale details and no in the general assemble.

If you have some questions, please let me know and i will answer as soon as possible.

I attach some pictures of the CAD design and wings that they are builded. I want to thank my friend Jorge Petrovich who is building the prototype model.

Thanks for watching!