Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Robart air retracts installation help

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Robart air retracts installation help

Old 08-01-2020, 02:49 PM
sideoftheroad
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Robart air retracts installation help

I hope this makes sense.

Never had air retracts before and have a few questions if anyone can help. I have a Top Flite Beechcraft Bonanza. The TF Mentor should be similar.

Should the only t connectors for the air lines that are used will be outside of the wing? What I mean is there are 2 holes in the center section where the servos and airlines can exit. Should the initial T connectors be past that hole to where they are used inside the fuse or are they used prior to that and eventually get sheeting inside the wing.

Did you cut the tubing in 3 equal parts (1 length for each retract) or did you end up buying more tubing?

They had a template where to drill holes in the ribs to route the lines. Although I drilled them, now installing them, they seem like a pain so I’m thinking of routing them through the same holes as the servo wires or should I stick with the holes I had to drill? How important is it that they be secured or can they be loose like the servo wires?

Old 08-01-2020, 04:20 PM
edp
My Feedback: (5)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is my pattern bird

Here is how I do my T-fittings. I try to get equal lengths to each gear then the fitting and up to the connectors like my pattern plane. The tank is in the fuselage in both birds The Jug has some light machine oil (the bubble in the line) as these were new gear and needed the seals lubricated.

Last edited by edp; 08-01-2020 at 04:25 PM. Reason: spelling