Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Leisure Lanzo Bomber Problem

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Leisure Lanzo Bomber Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 08:42 AM
Steelhead13

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Leisure Lanzo Bomber Problem

Hello All,
I recently was given a vintage kit of a Leisure Lanzo Bomber. It has a WS of 70.5", a wing area of 630 sq. ft. (which is what the label says, but I find that hard to believe), weight of kit is 35-44 oz., and the wing loading is 8-10 oz. per sq. ft. The label further states that it is an 05 Electric Old Timer Kit which was originally designed by Chet Lonzo. It was originally designed in 1938. The kit is in great condition, but it is missing the wing components. The remainder of the kit is all there. I am sure I can fabricate the missing LE and TE along with the wing tips and spars. Those are shown on the plans with dimensions and lengths. The problem is that there are no ribs for this kit! Unfortunately, there are no drawings of the ribs needed, otherwise I could simply copy them and glue them onto balsa and be all set. Is there anyone out there who is familiar with this kit or has some advice as to how to fabricate the correct size of the ribs needed? I'd love to build this kit, but since I'm relatively new to building balsa kits, I don't have the experience needed to determine the rib size and height. I can determine the length of each rib and where the notches go for the spars, but that's it. Thanks,
Mark
Old 09-24-2020, 08:17 PM
gyrocptr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Suggestion: Download pdf-file of the plans for the full-size 96inch-span Lanzo Bomber from Outerzone:
https://outerzone.co.uk/search/resul...d=lanzo+bomber
Then in the print-function of Acrobat select "poster"; then locate the "tile" pages that show the wing ribs (click on the print-preview area); then print those pages in Acrobat: using a scaling factor of ~0.75