Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Dave Brown Spinners

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Dave Brown Spinners

Old 03-15-2021, 09:35 AM
smilam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dave Brown Spinners

Has anybody had any recent experience with ordering a Dave Brown spinner? I went to their website to order a spinner and it says they are having trouble with their website host and to call if you want to order a spinner. I called the number at the bottom of the page and got a recording to email [email protected] and tell them what you want that they are the supplier of Dave Brown spinners.
I emailed them what I wanted and received an invoice from Dunn Industrial Group in Shannon Ohio for a price that is 15 dollars higher than what is listed on the Dave Brown website. The invoice is number 000066 which is a pretty low number for an established business. I tried to look them up on line to find a catalog and didnít find anything. The invoice said I can pay with Apple Pay or a credit card.
I would like to know if this company is legit and if anybody has got anything from them and were you satisfied before I send them $100 and my credit card numbers.
Thanks Steve
Old 03-16-2021, 10:34 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Dave Brown Products has had some problems with several issues, the spinners are just the tip of the iceberg.

Do yourself a favor and call Tru-Turn and get a spinner that actually fits correctly, it might be a bit more money, but it's sure less headache, and the products are superior to everything else.

Everyone I know that's ordered a DB spinner has problems with fitment... either the crank hole, the prop-notch, or prop/spinner nut, always a pain with DB, so I switched many years ago for TT and never looked back.
Old 03-17-2021, 03:55 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts

While I still use a few DB spinners and mostly ones bought some years ago, like DGrant I'd recommend going with TruTurn. TT has never let me down since they first came out many years ago. Last time I checked TT was a bit hard to get product out of mostly due to Covid. I hope they are back to normal now. My complaints regarding the DB spinners were always quality control ones and they always took care of the problem. With communications seemingly non existent with them now, resolving an issue might be a problem. The only issue I ever had with TT was prop cut outs that were way, way oversized at times even though the spinner was ordered for a specific prop. If you order from them, be very specific what you expect to avoid disappointment. Dang I've spent a lot of money on aluminum spinners over the years!! Never really found a carbon fiber one I really liked.

Old 03-19-2021, 06:29 AM
Tony Hallo

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Ohio Superstar has bought out the Dave Brown line except for the Vortec Spinner line, Dunn Industrial must have brought those rights.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:16 AM
PatrickM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently purchased a 6" parabolic for a Spitfire from Dave Brown (Dunn Industrial) and I have no complaints. The backplate was drilled accurately for my engine, and the prop cutouts in the spinner were also fine. The cost was less than half what a similar TT spinner costs and I'm satisfied with the quality.

Patrick
The following users liked this post:
capt1597 (04-02-2021)