Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

scale up plans

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

scale up plans

Old 10-20-2021, 07:09 AM
otis60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scale up plans

To All

I dont know if i should post this here but hear goes \. I have a set of planes for a Tiger 60. and would like to find someone to enlarge them for me. I want the plane so i can put a G-62 engine in it. just let me know the cost and i will also pay shipping both ways. I have no way to enlarge them myself. If there is someone there please let me know. My email is [email protected].

Thanks
Old 10-23-2021, 06:45 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You can send them to someone like "HemiKiller" Dennis Keegan ( [email protected]), he can enlarge them
to whatever size you need them to be. It can be in a digital form as the attached here so that all of the parts are
enlarged. But you will more than likely need to still make some adjustments when cutting out and assembling
the aircraft, remember everything is enlarged, especially the line thickness, which is where you may encounter
the problem. Also the wood thicknesses may have to be adjusted, otherwise you will end up with a very heavy
aircraft. I have attached a digital file you can download and figure out what size you will need to enlarge to
accommodate the G-62
The plan was downloaded from https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=11032
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Tiger_60_oz11032_ (1).pdf (834.5 KB, 28 views)
Old 10-24-2021, 01:55 AM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Diedrich View Post
You can send them to someone like "HemiKiller" Dennis Keegan ( [email protected]com), he can enlarge them
to whatever size you need them to be. It can be in a digital form as the attached here so that all of the parts are
enlarged. But you will more than likely need to still make some adjustments when cutting out and assembling
the aircraft, remember everything is enlarged, especially the line thickness, which is where you may encounter
the problem. Also the wood thicknesses may have to be adjusted, otherwise you will end up with a very heavy
aircraft. I have attached a digital file you can download and figure out what size you will need to enlarge to
accommodate the G-62
The plan was downloaded from https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=11032
The plans on Outerzone (PDF or CAD) look like something that a local copy or printers' shop would be able to reproduce in a size that you like.

As said, additional engineering will still be needed, at least to account for material thicknesses. A larger version may also need additional wing ribs or even fuselage formers.
Old 10-24-2021, 03:46 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by perttime View Post
The plans on Outerzone (PDF or CAD) look like something that a local copy or printers' shop would be able to reproduce in a size that you like.

As said, additional engineering will still be needed, at least to account for material thicknesses. A larger version may also need additional wing ribs or even fuselage formers.
Local copy shops charge an astronomical price to enlarge plans, and they may not be proportionate in scale on all pages. Dennis is a professional
at doing what he does and is also a model builder. His pricing is a lot less than commercial blue print and copy shops like Fed Ex- Kinko's and others.