Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Best source for fiberglass cowl

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Best source for fiberglass cowl

Old 11-24-2021, 10:04 AM
Going Balistic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best source for fiberglass cowl

Considering building a CG Ultimate this building season and I’m looking for any recommendations on the best quality / value for the fiberglass cowl. I’ve purchased from Stan’s Fibertech in the past but have also seen fiberglass specialties as well. Any recommendations based on quality? The less prep I need to do on the cowl before paint would be a factor to be considered as well.

Thanks

GB
Old 11-24-2021, 01:23 PM
ForcesR

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Going Balistic View Post
Considering building a CG Ultimate this building season and Iím looking for any recommendations on the best quality / value for the fiberglass cowl. Iíve purchased from Stanís Fibertech in the past but have also seen fiberglass specialties as well. Any recommendations based on quality? The less prep I need to do on the cowl before paint would be a factor to be considered as well.

Thanks

GB
GB, unfortunately Fiberglass Specialties will not ship to Canada, I tried to order a cowl for my TF Corsair several months ago and FS would not accept my order. This statement is also on their home page Quote "Due to COVID-19 we are not taking international orders".

Roger
Old 11-24-2021, 05:37 PM
Going Balistic

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the info. That policy doesn’t make any sense, it good to know.

I use CBP for any shipments from the US that either don’t ship to Canada or offer free shipping in the US. I order to my US address provided by CBP and they bring it across the border and I either pick up from them or have them ship to me from Mississauga.

CBP is a simple way to take advantage of free US shipping or situations like you described.

GB
Old 11-26-2021, 06:22 AM
Tony Hallo

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

i would get this from Fibertech N More, Cowl, they make great parts.

Last edited by Tony Hallo; 11-27-2021 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-26-2021, 07:44 PM
imcrazy

fiberglass specialties have the best parts