Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Kyosho F4U Corsair

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Kyosho F4U Corsair

Old 11-19-2003, 11:38 PM
Corsair86
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho F4U Corsair

I recently built a Kyosho Corsair and the kit was the first fiberglass kit I have built. It was a very nice looking kit but I thought the fuse was a little thin at the wing mounting points so I added some reinforcing there but in all a very nice kit. Anyway on the maiden flight it lifted off and started a slow left bank and never responded to the controls at all. Crashed right off the runway. Now I have been flying R/C for about 12 years or so, so it isn't like I have never done this before. I performed a range check on the radio with the engine running and it checked out fine. I had and Enya 51 engine with a Pitts muffler and had the engine inverted. any ideas on what might have caused no response from ailerons? I kept the thrust line of the engine the same as marked on the firewall. the plans showed the engine mounting up right but I didn't think inverting it would cause this problem.[&o]

any input is welcome
Corsair 86
Old 01-20-2004, 05:43 PM
Anderson

Default RE: Kyosho F4U Corsair

Corsair86,
I know you probably wont want to read this but I think you stalled.
I have the Kyosho corsair like you and after almost 70 take-offs I stalled it.
I remember my corsair doing exactly as yours, a slow roll to the left and crash.
I must have been always on the edge and finally I got caught.
Now my take off runs are an insane dash with right rudder during take off run and climbout.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30530.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	92598  
Old 01-23-2004, 06:21 PM
Corsair86

Yes I believe I stalled it also after watching the video over and over I think it was pilot error. Sure was a nice looking kit for a little while though. I am almost finished with a Dynaflite P-40 now. can't wait for a little warmer weather to try it out.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Anderson

Corsair 86,
when you get another chance buy another Kyosho Corsair and try again.
They really are a joy to fly. I'm on my second Kyosho corsair with many flights on it.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Gozar

This is good to know! I am almost finished with my Kyosho Corsair. I am running a Saito 82 in it with JR digital servos and mechanical retracts.

Keep it fast before pulling up.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:51 AM
wayton

Just finished mine after 12 monts slow build.
Have fitted OS 70 four stroke engine wit Spectrum radio. Now have 6 successfull flights, but note you must ensure COG is not aft. My 1st flights were wit modle balanced as per instructions, but on landing it always wanted to flair nose up. Moere weight up front has eliminated this.
Take offs require plenty of power on with right rudder, resist adding up elevator and model will ROG with ease. Very steady and stable flying aircraft.
Can anyone advise what flaparon and elevator mix is best for landing?